Leaked Crysis 2 Game... nice video

edited 02/12/2011 @ 6:01:23 PM in Computer / Tech Help

Comments

• I'm not sure that the first-person-shooter games are helping keep the kids off the gang-banger streets. My kids spend a lot of time just shooting
    those imaginary bad guys. There are no physics problems to solve or math calculations to be made in Crisis 2.
    It was mildly entertaining to watch this guy shoot everyone in his sights without him even getting nicked.
    It would be more interesting if there were math and physics problems included in the game. Remember Myst?
    It sure seems that the enemy guys just stand there waiting for you to shoot them. They rarely take cover, or
    even shoot back from where they're standing.

Nice scenery and realistic video. Will this require a better GPU than
    the average game player has? The bigger screens take more graphic horsepower - especially
    if you turn on all the imaging enhancements like higher resolution, anti-aliasing, etc.

I suppose it's in the interest of the game producers and the hardware manufacturers to keep pushing
    the minimum required GPU and CPU to play the game without making it unreachable by the masses.

When will 64 bit systems become the minimum?
  • edited 02/13/2011 @ 11:53:21 AM
    The game settings (high) and the hardware (AMD Athlon 2 X4 quad core, ATI 5850, 4 GB RAM) are mentioned in the video comments. Those hardware specs seem pretty decent but is becoming quite affordable (sub $1k). The ATI 5850 used to be second from the top of the line and used to cost $300 plus, nowadays GPUs that can perform at the same level can be had for around $150.

This is the nature of tech... although I think if you build a decent PC today in the 1k range it would be usable for the next 5 years and maybe more. My kids still use a PC with an Intel Core 2 Duo for gaming and it can still run the games they play fine at 1680 x 1050. I did have to upgrade the video from a EVGA 6800 to an ATI 5850. I also upgraded the DDR2 RAM to 8GB and the OS to Win 7 64 bit. You can get a pretty big discount on hardware that is no longer cutting edge or when there is an oversupply in the channels... right now for example, RAM is really cheap.
  • Cng, the console world hasn't move for the past couple of years (XBox 360, PS3) and it appears won't do so for a few more. In the meantime the progression in PC hardware continues. The only problem is that many games are now designed for console then ported to the PC so the video quality (and gameplay) is dumbed down. Crysis 2 was supposed to be the other way around although some are claiming it was designed to play for both PC and PS3 and they are complaining about "consolitis" afflicting the controls (designed for controllers as opposed to the proper keyboard mouse combo).
  • The video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by EA

I'm in need of a new FPS, altho I still play Battlefield Vietnam online every day with the same group of guys, some kids, some old coots.
  • edited 02/21/2011 @ 7:58:45 PM