Have new computer case coming

edited 02/10/2012 @ 5:37:26 AM in General Discussion
It sure does get quiet in here sometimes, I can almost hear my echo. Well, anyways, I have a new computer case coming and I am happy:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=11-352-013&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=100&PurchaseMark=&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&VendorMark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Keywords=(keywords)&Page=1#scrollFullInfo

The case is larger than my Centurion 5 that I have used over the past 5 years or so. Also, with the internal sound dampening, it should make things quite a bit quieter without heating things up.
"For God so loved the world..."

Comments

• Looks like it's geared for the home server market. Plenty of hard drive space for a jbod raid set up. Also only 2 external 5.25 bays, which is fine for a server but somewhat lacking for a media/gamer build. I need at least four 5.25 externals (2 optical, 1 bay box, 1 drawer).

Did you get the all black or the silver front?
  • The all black one was good for me. As far as the external drive bays go, even one is enough since I only have a one bluray drive anyways. Personally I like the idea of quietness and lots of space to fit my 2 x HD 6950's. :)
    "For God so loved the world..."
  • So, are you gonna be upgrading any other parts or are you just transferring all your "old" parts to the new case?
  • edited 02/13/2012 @ 5:31:51 AM
  • If I had that, I'd stick every old working harddrive I had in it to fill all 8 internal bays and have one whopper of a Raid drive.
  • Joe,

I've been using one of those for my ESXi box for the last year or so. It's a great case. Great cooling and very quiet. You'll love the cable management features.

-Ryan
  • "For God so loved the world..."