What to do about money

edited 08/27/2012 @ 6:07:47 AM in General Discussion

Comments

• Interac may be considered a cashless system, but it doesn't operate without money. You have to have money in your account to use the Interac card. Several people I know, including myself carry very little cash. All of my purchases are made with cards, so I get my points to transfer into cash back later. At any time I have less than $20 in my wallet.
  • Well, it's too bad I didn't run for president. I cudda fixed all these problems. There is a small problem about the money and lobbyists running the show. I'm still concerned about Mitt saying he "doesn't give a rip about poor people." I think he was being honest.

I guess nobody cares about all those who have made financial mistakes. Too bad for them. They'll survive. The welfare system we have will need more money (from somewhere) to feed these people. I don't think the bankers are gonna put much in from their own paychecks. It seems to me that the "me first" method is what the Country has adopted. Is that called The Free Market? If you invested poorly - too bad. If you have medical bills - too bad. I've got my insurance paid up. Let them raise themselves up by their own bootstraps. Why should I help anyone?

It seems to me that the Reps have kinda started saying what they're all about with some honesty. Their abortion plank now says no abortion ever - rape or incest doesn't matter. The Akins woman has a way to avoid pregnancy if she didn't want it. Wow! That should sure bring the women out to vote for them.

I guess Fox News will have a way to spin these bits into something wonderful for the Party. I'm sure everyone is watching. The propaganda mills and the radio talk shows are still selling the advertising along with the angry rhetoric. Let freedom of speech remain!

I give up about gun ownership. You go out and get those guns and protect yourself. I'll stay in my house out in the sticks and feed the deer. If you feel better - that's all that matters. I've got one more year to protect my son from those guns. After that, he'll be at college. I can't get all the guns, or all the gangs, out of the city he'll be in. I still believe that keeping guns out of the hands of idiots would be wiser than just letting them have as many as they want. But, I can't decide who those idiots are. I don't think all 45% of the population (the gun owners) are. I just think they are scared by the violence in our land. I hope they don't shoot themselves while carrying all that heat.

Maybe Canada has more violent crimes than we do. Maybe they report more of them. I don't think guns are the only things that promote violence. They sure help in the amount of killing that happens.

I'm not at all worried about Obama getting in for the second time. These guys are great at digging there own holes for themselves.
  • If you have agreement, there's nothing to fight about. We have to bring up ideological differences to keep politics in business. If there was only one team, whom would we fight against?
    So, the gays, evolution, abortion and such are issues that don't need any facts to make sense. The line in the sand keeps the partisan differences alive. So do the arguments about the importance of faith. The Christian zealots can spout the bible to ascertain the validity of their religion. It's emotional argument. It's quite a waste of time IMHO. I'm happy to forget about it.

The Reps seem a bit unorganized because they know they are gonna lose this one. Mitt just isn't that convincing a leader.

Let's see how Obama does in the DNC.

I guess the complete misunderstanding of the free market IS how I see it. Your definition is very nice in the abstract. The money is taken from those poor, rich people and given to those illegal welfare recipients. We should just abolish all forms of government aid and let everyone fend for themselves. So, a few poor people die. What of it? I've got mine. Yeah, we all assume that the government is taking care of all those nasty immigrants and old farts on Social Security. Let's just not pay taxes. Let the Armed Forces fend for themselves along with police, fire departments and schools. The free market will take care of them too.

Let's not force them to do their jobs. That's seems to be the definition of your free market.

Shake it up Baby. Twist and shout!
  • This guy is so gay... (NTTAWWT)
  • It's fun to watch old wrestling clips on YouTube. Some of my all time favourites were:

- Hulk Hogan (obviously)
    - Randy "Macho Man" Savage
    - Brutus the Barber Beefcake (gotta love that name in this politically sensitive age)
    - Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat
    - Razor Ramon
    - Sid Justice/Vicious/Psycho Sid (the most lovable bad guy ever because he was so loud and high strung)
    - Million dollar man Ted Dibaese (money money money money moneeeeeeeeeeeeeey - best heel ever)
    - Jake "The Snake" Roberts
    - Bobby "The Brain" Heenan (best heel manager ever and a great commentator too, makes me laugh so hard I fall out of my chair)
    - "Mean" Gene Oakerlund (best interviewer ever)
    - The Fink (best ring announcer)
    - The Rock
    - Steve Austin
    - Crash Holly (weighing in at allegedly over 700lbs ROFL)
    - and many more...

Never could stand the following wrestlers:

- Shawn Michaels (ugh)
    - Ric Flair or any of the four horsemen (get a physique for crying out loud)
    - Dusty Rhodes (ditto)
    - and more...