Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear!

Comments

• I liked the music. It sounded pretty good. It was a rock concert like Woodstock.

It does kind of make me compare this with the mosh pit, rave mentality concerts of today. Yeah, everyone is participating. I guess it's fun to get involved and jump up and sing the words with the performers. But, there are also the bruises and stepped on hands and feet. Those events are like the football game that happens in the stands.

I guess if it's a lame duck legislature, even less will happen then before. That seems to be what we American voters want. So fine, we can wait for Palin to make the next changes. Yeah, we could use some Sanity.
  • edited 11/01/2010 @ 7:43:05 AM
    http://www.wimp.com/chinagymnastics/ Here's how the mosh pit will evolve.

• When John Stewart blasts Viacom (his employer) for accepting political ads without requiring the buyers to identify themselves (they do not have to); when John Stewart stops using the same emotional nationalism ("we are the greatest country in the world") to support his perspective; when John Stewart accepts that he is part of the political media and not just a comedian, THEN he won't just be another hypocrite with no solution other than "can't we all just get along?" Too easy and lame.

Overall, with the size of crowd they attracted, I think the show was a let down. The world is changing fast and, no, we can't all get along; we never have and we humans never will.
    We are in two wars and you would hardly know it by watching the news.

This reviewer says wait for the DVD.
  • edited 11/01/2010 @ 4:07:29 PM
    I like these guys because they're funnier than SNL and most of the media.

The whole political circus is just plain entertainment. The whole sports world is just plain ol entertainment. Is this a surprise? Is it really that important how many Chiefs and how many Cowboys are on the screen in the play-offs? Does it matter who wins? What changes when your team is the Champion? What changes when your representative wins the election?

We watch what they show us and have something to talk about. The issues have long gone by the wayside. The wars don't sell advertising any more - maybe cause we're losing them.

How do we measure if we won or lost? Maybe if we get the oil flowing again we'll know.

These guys are good writers and have found a niche. They entertain us.
  • edited 11/03/2010 @ 5:55:55 AM
    I have been and continue to be a Daily Show daily watcher. I TIVO the Daily Show and The Colber Repor and watch them both in about 35 minues without the commercials.
    They are the best political comedians we have--Colbert has found the perfect character that gives him license to say just about anything. He is playing a character which he almost never breaks out of, that is pure satire of FOX. This character was almost totally based on Bill O'Reilly's humongous ego and his gut feelings that all the wars were needed to kill the Muslim Terrorists.

But when John and Stephen equated Bill O'Reilly and Glenn Beck with Keith Olbermann and MSNBC that was self righteous and, I believe, motivated by competition. Both the Daily Show and Count Down evolved and thrived in the Orwellian media world of the Bush and Republican controlled legislature post 9/11. In that environment Stewart has morphed himself into a comic reporter--he says it is crazy that most young people get their news from him--yet he has cultivated that audience. And, sports caster Olbermann found a niche as a Steve Allanish political reporter and satirist. In reality both shows share a large demographic.

And now Rachal Maddow is the best political reporter on the TV box, with the best connections and is the most respected journalist with a daily show. She is a progressive liberal but is courteous and fair with all her guests. Even Rand Paul said she was fair to him.

All in all it don't matter. We are not the end of evolution.
    The person that is most unsure of what is going on is the most aware of what is.
    We are all Sergent Shultzes, we know nothing, NOTHING! We are tomorrows chimps.

Post edited 11/03/2010 @ 5:55:55 AM by jaysaul
  • To be honest I'm not a fan of Maddow, Olbermann, Matthews, or MSNBC for that matter.
  • He's supposed to be neutral. If he contributes to any party campaign, he's showing that he cares about something other than just taking home his pay check. We're not supposed to have any visible bent if we report the news. Kind of silly if you ask me.

It should never have become a news issue - a lot like Juan Williams.

I think this is political payback by some other party. There are so many ways to skin the cat. Just ask him if you saw him with his secretary at that motel in front of his wife. No proof required - only the question.
  • edited 11/08/2010 @ 10:44:23 AM
    I think it is because KO has done more for MSNBC's ratings than his boss, MSNBC president Phil Griffin. Keith even said in an interview, "Phil thinks he is boss here." Phil tried to prove it and got his audience so pissed off that 300,000 people signed a petition telling him he was nuts, SO he put KO back on Tuesday. All he did was increase Olbermann's ratings, which should make Griffin happy, but will only piss him off more because he just looks like the ass he is.

And Keith is NOT "supposed to be "neutral" at all. He stopped being a sportscaster because there was no alternative to FOX and the MSM support for the Iraq War. You do not have to lie about facts to have a point of view. Are you neutral about the Earth orbiting the Sun, just because there are people who think the opposite?