How is Everyone Doing? `:)

2»

Comments

• edited 03/22/2013 @ 5:30:08 PM
  • Oops! Sorry! I am really prejudiced about anything with the FOX handle. Doesn't Rupert Murdock own FOX Sports?
  • I agree that it is mainly about money. I think there's a bit about power too. He does like to promote his conservative point of view with his stations. I think he's trying to buy, or already has bought,
    the Chicago Tribune and some Los Angeles paper. This will give him more money (maybe) and more power (maybe). I don't know, he might have an agenda to promote his personal views on politics. The Koch brothers are another group of rich promoters of a certain point of view. I guess our side has Bloomberg - but, he doesn't own any newspapers. Remember weapons of mass destruction? There are many kinds of weapons.
  • I agree that most of the media leans left. It seems that the urban crowd is more concerned about everyone getting enough to eat - while the right is more concerned about conserving their riches. So, if you want to appeal to the most people, you don't talk about right wing policies. The poor and unemployed don't want to know how the billionaire job creators are gonna cut welfare so our government can keep the rich happy.
    I understand that FOX finds ways to get viewers by discussing controversial issues. If they spin it right, the right will watch because it's what they want to see.

The partisan divide has stopped our government from functioning. Maybe we don't need any laws. Let's just keep filibustering until the next election.
    I wonder if the right wing will figure out how to appeal to all the voters - especially Latinos and blacks.
    The voting is getting more difficult in the right wing States to avoid voter fraud.

Maybe Jeb Bush or Rubio. Then, there's Rand Paul who might invite us to have a tea party.
    I know Pelosi doesn't convince you to see her point of view. But, are there any right wing candidates whom you like for the next election?
  • Yeah, I don't see how the Republican party expects to appeal to any independent voter. The poll where 90% of gun owners want background checks kind of says it all. The Republican party expects to appeal to Latinos and Blacks because their ideology has always done so. What about making voting more difficult for them?

I watch Morning Joe on MSNBC if I want to get a point of view that might be somewhat balanced - Joe is Republican and Mika is Democrat. I like Al Sharpton - he certainly gives his point of view with no holds barred. And I like Rachel Maddow. She does often give a left wing spin to her stories. But, I appreciate her candor and I mostly agree with her opinion.