Can of Corn = Wet Farts

2»

Comments

• I've just finished learning JavaScript coding on Codecademy. They have lessons in HTML, Python, Ruby, etc. I like this kind of study because it's at your own pace and you can keep the brain functioning without the constant killing of those aliens in the video games.

I've got to remember all that Calculus and Chemistry from years ago to keep up with what my youngest son will be talking about when he goes to college.
    I like the challenge and the possible ideas that might come from it.

I'd also like to recommend a book - "River World" by Farmer. It's quite a story including some philosophical ideas about purgatory and heaven. I'm halfway thru it and am really enjoying it.
  • I learned Fortran IV way back in the 70's when I was in Santa Monica living on the beach. I had to learn Unix when I moved to the Bay area in the 80's and worked for UCBerkeley. I studied C++ and machine code during that work. I never really liked having to come up with nifty ways of doing some quick scan of some sensor data. The programmers with whom I worked were much more into those kind of puzzles. So, I have programmed in the past.

I don't expect to use this new language for any useful project. It's nice to remember how to make for loops and if/else comparisons to make some output on the screen. I do like having to think about what's happening in the code and finding the error in syntax.