Concussion

edited 05/06/2013 @ 6:52:41 AM in General Discussion
First one I have ever had in my 46 years and hopefully it will be my last. On Saturday, I went on a bike ride in the afternoon for about 20 miles. Next thing I fully remember is being in the hospital being told I had a concussion.

I do not remember calling the people I called at that time nor do I remember biking the 4 miles home before I made those calls. I am somewhat better now but still a bit beat up. I somehow sprained my left thumb, bruised my right hip and scraped the right side of my face.

Good thing is that I had a helmet on or I would probably not be typing this right now. (The helmet has some dents so I must have hit pretty hard but I do not remember what happened.) I know approximately where it happened because my Garmin GPS watch shows where I stopped and the started again a little while latter. Suffice it to say, I am going to be hanging up my bike and selling it because it is just not worth it.

I prefer running anyways. Have any of you ever had a concussion and if so, do you remember what happened?
"For God so loved the world..."

Comments