This... is... JEOPARDY! (Super Awesome CPU Forums Edition)

It's America's favorite and most popular game show, now at a local CPU Forum near you! sun.gif

Here are the rules:

1) The first person to ask the right question gets to give the next answer.

2) No cheating! e.g., no Google, no books, no nothing, except what's in your brain. People caught cheating will be banned from the game and face public humiliation and shaming. bigsmile.gif

3) Most importantly: have fun!

Here's the (optionally customizable) HTML code you can use if you want to make your clue look all official, just copy and paste it into your post:

<table><tr><td style="background-color: #172286; color: #edecf3; font-family: Comic Sans MS; font-size: 32px; font-weight: bold; width: 400px; height: 300px; line-height: normal; vertical-align: middle; padding: 25px; text-align: center;">REPLACE THIS WITH YOUR CLUE</td></tr></table>

(Here's the original guide, which you can still use if you like the way the image looks better: Here's a good generator you can use: http://www.says-it.com/jeopardy

The site doesn't allow hotlinking, and the "Upload to Imageshack" button isn't working right now, but that's okay because imgur is better. So after it generates the answer you give it, just:

1) Right click the image and select the relevant menu item to get its URL. (In Firefox it'll say Copy Image Location; in Chrome it'll say Copy image URL; in IE it'll say Copy.)

2) Visit imgur.com and click the button that says Web on the right hand side of the page under Upload Images.

3) Paste the URL into the box, click Start Upload, and then copy the HTML code it gives you (the a href thingy, under HTML Image, websites & blogs) and paste it in your post.
)

I'll start things off:

pbo8tgu.gif
IwDDeCo.jpg

Comments

• Oh and here's some music you can play while you think:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuABhumm6fY
    IwDDeCo.jpg
  • What is "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!" ?

lookdown.gif
    Spit on your hand and stroke my cock at a medium pace.
  • edited 10/06/2013 @ 1:30:33 PM
    TechGuy said:

What is "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!" ?

lookdown.gif

Nope!
    IwDDeCo.jpg
  • The key word here is "sauce". sun.gif
    IwDDeCo.jpg
  • I think this is the part where you supply the answer "Alex". giggle.gif

I was watching a show of Jeopardy recently and they actually had two topic areas (the columns) that I was interested in. (First time for everything right.) One of them was IT related acronyms, and the other was underwear (most notably women's). While it was easy to pick off "thong" and various other answers, I noticed that the players tried their hardest to avoid the IT column. (I was able to answer every question that was selected in the IT area, but they ran out of time before they could complete more than half the questions.)

gasp.gif
  • edited 10/10/2013 @ 11:20:11 AM
    TechGuy said:

I think this is the part where you supply the answer "Alex". giggle.gif

Yeah, I would have by now, but I'm trying to hold out for geno. I'll give it another day or two. smile.gif
    IwDDeCo.jpg
  • edited 10/10/2013 @ 11:24:36 AM
    TechGuy said:

I was watching a show of Jeopardy recently and they actually had two topic areas (the columns) that I was interested in. (First time for everything right.) One of them was IT related acronyms, and the other was underwear (most notably women's).

Heh heh heh. bigsmile.gif

To tell the truth I haven't watched either of the "big two" (Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune) in a long time. I used to years ago but was more into Wheel of Fortune. I should check them out again sometime.
    IwDDeCo.jpg
  • edited 10/11/2013 @ 7:36:24 AM
    Wheel of Fortune is really hard to watch these days (and I haven't for years) because (like everything in life), the show moves too quickly now.

When WOF began, I believe the show had 3 puzzles + the bonus round in a 30 minute span. That was the perfect formula because you could follow along at home and work towards solving each puzzle. Today, the show has an estimated 7 puzzles in 30 minutes. They decide who goes first in every round using puzzles now. Half the time they aren't even spinning the wheel anymore. (Spinning a wheel takes too much time apparently.) When they do spin the wheel, every friggin space has some sort of trip, car, or other special prize on it (not that anyone actually gets to win it because the players hit bankrupt roughly 3x more frequently today than at the show's inception).

It all happens too fast now and it's no longer fun to watch (for me). Too many cheap gimmicks have ruined a show that was well done originally. I really don't understand this need for instant gratification of our current and seemingly ADHD inflicted generation. gasp.gif
  • *beepbeepbeep*

The correct answer is: applesauce. It can be used in place of oil or butter in a pinch, or if you're looking to reduce fat, cholesterol, and calories. (Apparently it's good for if you have diarrhea too.)

Since you at least gave it a shot, you can go next TG (if you want to). smile.gif
    IwDDeCo.jpg
  • Cngevpxhaqrefpber said:

eah, I would have by now, but I'm trying to hold out for geno. I'll give it another day or two.

Applesauce

The correct answer is: applesauce.

DOH
  • genoski said:

Applesauce

genoski said:

DOH

Suuuuuurrrrrreeee. wink.gif

Nah, I believe you. Since TG didn't yet, you can give the next answer. That is as long as you don't leave us hanging for another two weeks. giggle.gif
    IwDDeCo.jpg
  • Wait, what?! giggle.gif

Umm... a common meal often eaten for breakfast?
    IwDDeCo.jpg
  • Gonna go out on a limb here... what is "gsgde" (or just "gsge")?

(If that's not right, unless I'm missing something embarrassingly obvious -- and that wouldn't surprise me -- I'm not sure how it's possible to answer such a short "question" without a topic. lookdown.gif)
    IwDDeCo.jpg
  • edited 10/18/2013 @ 7:21:24 AM
    Cngevpxhaqrefpber said:

*beepbeepbeep*

The correct answer is: applesauce. It can be used in place of oil or butter in a pinch, or if you're looking to reduce fat, cholesterol, and calories. (Apparently it's good for if you have diarrhea too.)

Since you at least gave it a shot, you can go next TG (if you want to). smile.gif

Crap. A cold wiped me out last week! hurt.gif

"What is cracked, beaten, and cooked?"

C'mon... that HAS to be the right answer! halo.gif
  • TechGuy said:

Crap. A cold wiped me out last week! hurt.gif

That sucks. Fortunately I've not gotten one this season... yet. Of course, it's inevitable I eventually will. yuck.gif

In fact, I'd probably better buy some Nyquil now, before I'm lying in bed in the middle of the night trying (and failing) to fall sleep and not in the mood or condition to go out and buy some.
    IwDDeCo.jpg
  • edited 10/21/2013 @ 8:26:07 PM
    Cngevpxhaqrefpber said:

LNzOfkv.gif

Who is Geno? tongue.gif

His answer leaves a lot of room for questions. It could be anything.
  • TechGuy said:

Who is Geno? tongue.gif

KwjAfkW.jpg

That is correct!

bigsmile.gif
    TechGuy said:

His answer leaves a lot of room for questions. It could be anything.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking especially when I came up with my second response. The theory is he was literally telling us to scramble the letters "deggs" (or just "eggs").

A long shot, but worth a try. Yours seems the surer bet though.

Anyway, I guess since we're not adding up and keeping track of points or anything, there's no harm in having simultaneous clues up at once if the giver takes a while to respond. What do you think? smile.gif
    IwDDeCo.jpg
  • edited 10/22/2013 @ 5:55:41 PM
    Cngevpxhaqrefpber said:

A long shot, but worth a try. Yours seems the surer bet though.

Anyway, I guess since we're not adding up and keeping track of points or anything, there's no harm in having simultaneous clues up at once if the giver takes a while to respond. What do you think? smile.gif

Okay so how do I post a question again? sun.gif

Is there a shared account for the CPU forums we can all use for uploading these things?

• edited 10/22/2013 @ 8:12:04 PM
    TechGuy said:

Are you seriously asking me to repeat something I posted on a forum, where unlike in "real life", when something is said it's there forever and you can go back (in this case, by scrolling to the top of the page) and read it again as many times as you want?! bigsmile.gifwink.gifgiggle.gif

The generator is at http://www.says-it.com/jeopardy. After you generate the clue, just right-click the generated image, get the URL, and upload it to a free image hosting site. I like and use imgur.com (click the "Web" button on the right-hand side of the page) since it's free and fast and simple, but there are other ones you can use: Photobucket, TinyPic, ImageShack, Minus, Dropbox, Skydrive, etc. No account is necessary to upload to Imgur, or most of the others, although it's free to create one if you want. smile.gif

The only downside to Imgur: their FAQ does say that an image "may" be removed if it hasn't received a single view in over 6 months. But it's not guaranteed that they will delete it, and I think at least some of the other hosts have a similar policy, although I'm not sure which ones (Dropbox and Skydrive probably don't, nor is it likely that if you have a premium account with any of the hosts that they do).

Also, it won't be a problem if these pages are loaded at least once every half year... I wonder if when the Google bot crawls the page it counts as a "view". lookdown.gif
    IwDDeCo.jpg

TechGuy said:

Are you seriously asking me to repeat something I posted on a forum, where unlike in "real life", when something is said it's there forever and you can go back (in this case, by scrolling to the top of the page) and read it again as many times as you want?! bigsmile.gifwink.gifgiggle.gif

The generator is at http://www.says-it.com/jeopardy. After you generate the clue, just right-click the generated image, get the URL, and upload it to a free image hosting site. I like and use imgur.com (click the "Web" button on the right-hand side of the page) since it's free and fast and simple, but there are other ones you can use: Photobucket, TinyPic, ImageShack, Minus, Dropbox, Skydrive, etc. No account is necessary to upload to Imgur, or most of the others, although it's free to create one if you want. smile.gif

The only downside to Imgur: their FAQ does say that an image "may" be removed if it hasn't received a single view in over 6 months. But it's not guaranteed that they will delete it, and I think at least some of the other hosts have a similar policy, although I'm not sure which ones (Dropbox and Skydrive probably don't, nor is it likely that if you have a premium account with any of the hosts that they do).

Also, it won't be a problem if these pages are loaded at least once every half year... I wonder if when the Google bot crawls the page it counts as a "view". lookdown.gif
    We need a shared account for the CPU forums to put these images. smile.gif
  • TechGuy said:

We need a shared account for the CPU forums to put these images. smile.gif

You mean a username here, or an account on an image host?

Either way, I'm curious what the point of that would be. smile.gif
    IwDDeCo.jpg
  • edited 11/07/2013 @ 9:28:06 AM
    Can I post the next question without using the silly blue screen and white font?

lookdown.gif

Can I not just achieve the same thing with HTML markup on this forum?

testing 123

Ha it still works.

So let's do this:

THIS FORUM MEMBER IS JUST PLAIN AWESOME.

ah fark.... I had it working for a moment...
  • TechGuy said:

Can I post the next question without using the silly blue screen and white font?

Yeah, you can post it however you want. Even just plain text is fine. I just thought the graphic thingy made it look and feel more legit/official (it's also easier to spot the questions among the other posts). giggle.gif
    TechGuy said:

Can I not just achieve the same thing with HTML markup on this forum? ... ah fark.... I had it working for a moment...

Hey, good idea! This is not only way easier, but it also makes it so we don't have to worry about the image hosts auto-deleting the images after a while. (I always hate it when you read an old forum thread that contains images, only to find that the images are dead.)
    BLUH BLAH BLAH, BLIPPITY BLOO BLAH BLAY BLAH BLUH BLAH BLUH BLAH BLAH BLUH BLAH BLUH BLAH
    Here's the code, just replace the BLAH's with the question:

<table><tr><td style="background-color: #172286; color: #edecf3; font-family: Comic Sans MS; font-size: 32px; font-weight: bold; width: 400px; height: 300px; line-height: normal; vertical-align: middle; padding: 25px; text-align: center;">BLUH BLAH BLAH, BLIPPITY BLOO BLAH BLAY BLAH BLUH BLAH BLUH BLAH BLAH BLUH BLAH BLUH BLAH</td></tr></table>

(Of course, you don't have to use it if you don't want, or you can modify the font, colors, sizing, etc. to your liking.)
    IwDDeCo.jpg
  • TechGuy said:

THIS FORUM MEMBER IS JUST PLAIN AWESOME.

This one is too easy: Who is Cngevpxhaqrefpber.

Next time try putting a little more effort into making your clue challenging TG.
    IwDDeCo.jpg