White Santa?

Can you guys believe the well of outrage that has risen around the "Santa Claus is white" fiasco?

I mean, we're talking about a fictional entity to begin with, so clearly there is no definitive answer? conclusion? yet the debate rages on.

Here's my take on the whole thing. This proves beyond all doubt that racial minorities are as racist as any white out there. Simply put if a white threw a fit over a blanket statement that Santa was black, the white would be the target of ridicule for his bias.

Same goes, IMO, for the minorities who refuse to accept the possibility that Santa could be white. Why are they so insistent that Santa must be of their racial preference?
fX7ExU4.png

Comments

• I haven't heard of this fiasco you speak of. I would need some background on this story. How it started, where the debate is going on, etc.

Spit on your hand and stroke my cock at a medium pace.
  • TheEnlightenedWon said:
    Let me rephrase that:

I seldom care about shit news stories like these because other things in my life are more important. bigsmile.gif

I still haven't clicked the link btw. (I haven't worked up the desire yet.) I imagine the story goes something like this:

1. Person "A" says Santa Claus was white on the air.

2. Group "B" (of some ethnicity other than white) immediately takes offense and writes scathing letters to that station.

3. Group "C" (of white ethnicity, possibly led by Bill O-Reilly) rushes to defend person "A".

4. Chaos ensues.

Am I close? smile.gif
  • I finally clicked the link. Pretty much as expected.

I got a good laugh out of some of the posts, so at least it was worth a chuckle. halo.gifku-medium.jpg
  • Reminds me of your infamous "black guy on the back of a moving car with an open trunk containing a big Compaq box" image. bigsmile.gif
    IwDDeCo.jpg
  • Cngevpxhaqrefpber said:

Reminds me of your infamous "black guy on the back of a moving car with an open trunk containing a big Compaq box" image. bigsmile.gif

That wasn't mine. Someone else posted that image and it kept getting taken down by the moderators. I always wondered what was offensive about it. But now I laugh so hard I fall out of my chair whenever I see it.

bigsmile.gif
  • edited 12/27/2013 @ 7:00:48 PM
    TechGuy said:

That wasn't mine. Someone else posted that image

Really? Oh. giggle.gif
    TechGuy said:

and it kept getting taken down by the moderators. I always wondered what was offensive about it. But now I laugh so hard I fall out of my chair whenever I see it.

bigsmile.gif
    IwDDeCo.jpg
  • edited 12/27/2013 @ 7:21:07 PM
    Cngevpxhaqrefpber said:

G2vl1m6.jpg

ROFL!!!!! tongue.gif

BLACK GUY: (Insert whistling noise.) "Nothing to see here folks..."

I think it could be considered a form of theft if someone steals a job away from an otherwise hard working and ethical person. Stealing a computer is a fairly small crime in comparison to stealing a person's livelihood away. devil.gif

So in my humble opinion, the real thieves today are:

7839643-a-portrait-of-an-east-indian-man
  • Dragging this thread (kicking and screaming) back into context. Suppose someone said 'Santa is deaf', or "Santa is a cat burglar" would that expression of opinion incite outrage? Very doubtful. No one would care.

But just let anyone dare represent that a fictional character popularized into our culture in the 1800's by Thomas Nast then refined in detail by Currier and Ives (all three white men, btw) was white, and just watch the floodgates of anti-white bigotry spring open.

This goes a long way to reinforce a suspicion I've long had, that whites have written their own epitaph with the whole 'promote diversity' bandwagon.

Once the pendulum has swung sufficiently far that whites have become the exploited minority, there will be no sense of "fair play", nor any interest in promoting equality among the new ruling class. I'll go as far as to say that someday it eventually will become a source of scorn, if not outright illegal, for a white to claim they have been the victim of racial bias. proud.gif
    fX7ExU4.png
  • TechGuy said:

ROFL!!!!! tongue.gif

BLACK GUY: (Insert whistling noise.) "Nothing to see here folks..."

I think it could be considered a form of theft if someone steals a job away from an otherwise hard working and ethical person. Stealing a computer is a fairly small crime in comparison to stealing a person's livelihood away. devil.gif

Hey wait a minute now, how do you know whether or not they were stealing that computer? Racist. tongue.gifbigsmile.gif

Tell you what though, say what you want, but black people know how to dance. I mean seriously, compare this:

TGrVY95.gif

with this:

r7zqRVD.gif
    IwDDeCo.jpg
  • edited 12/28/2013 @ 9:07:38 AM
    TechGuy said:

So in my humble opinion, the real thieves today are:

ROFL. bigsmile.gif

Picture this being the guy who replaced you. This photo was taken of him at the exact moment he read your post:

VA8jWr3.jpg

How does that make you FEEL? bigsmile.gifhalo.gifwink.gif
    IwDDeCo.jpg

Dragging this thread (kicking and screaming) back into context...

And then the very next post was this:

Cngevpxhaqrefpber said:

Tell you what though, say what you want, but black people know how to dance. I mean seriously, compare this:

TGrVY95.gif

with this:

r7zqRVD.gif

I'm sorry. We can debate this seriously tomorrow but right now I just can't stop laughing. bigsmile.gif
  • edited 12/31/2013 @ 12:25:10 PM
    Cngevpxhaqrefpber said:

Picture this being the guy who replaced you. This photo was taken of him at the exact moment he read your post:

How does that make you FEEL? bigsmile.gifhalo.gifwink.gif

Well considering that I will most definitely earn at least double what he's earning, even by having a minimum wage job, and considering that the water he drinks in his country comes out of the same line as the sewage line, I think I'd still rather be me. proud.gif

India vs Africa

kristian-bertel-57.png

India actually has MORE poor people than Africa!

(They set such a model for the rest of the world to aspire to.)
    Post edited 12/31/2013 @ 12:25:10 PM by TechGuy

Dragging this thread (kicking and screaming) back into context. Suppose someone said 'Santa is deaf', or "Santa is a cat burglar" would that expression of opinion incite outrage? Very doubtful. No one would care.

But just let anyone dare represent that a fictional character popularized into our culture in the 1800's by Thomas Nast then refined in detail by Currier and Ives (all three white men, btw) was white, and just watch the floodgates of anti-white bigotry spring open.

This goes a long way to reinforce a suspicion I've long had, that whites have written their own epitaph with the whole 'promote diversity' bandwagon.

Once the pendulum has swung sufficiently far that whites have become the exploited minority, there will be no sense of "fair play", nor any interest in promoting equality among the new ruling class. I'll go as far as to say that someday it eventually will become a source of scorn, if not outright illegal, for a white to claim they have been the victim of racial bias. proud.gif

When I fill out application forms for software development positions these days, I always answer YES to the question: "Do you consider yourself to be a member of a visible minority?" (Since whites ARE the minority of software developers now, and globally speaking, have always been a racial minority.)

I agree that things are out of hand. I feel like I'm losing my country sometimes. Perhaps the next thread I create can be about the uproar over women wearing "hijabs" or whatever they're called in Quebec. (Muslim women that dress like ninjas in public basically.) I *think* there are laws about NOT being able to conceal your identity (to avoid the usual criminal intent) but I'm sure they were overturned or side-stepped to allow this cultural thing.

I've said this before many times. It seems like every culture is welcome except our own. And in terms of race, it seems like white people can only ever discriminate against others and never be a victim themselves. And again, we happen to BE a racial minority on this planet. hurt.gif
  • This will probably seem like the most horrible, bigoted thing you've ever heard me say, but I really believe that much of the posturing "outrage" against whites acting as superior, is because many among the minorities fear that it might actually be true.

Be careful to understand what I've just said. I DID NOT SAY that whites ARE superior. I just think that many minorities (at the individual level) feel inferior, and the angst against whites is more a form of their resentment, than anything else.
    fX7ExU4.png
  • edited 12/31/2013 @ 12:30:09 PM
    TheEnlightenedWon said:

This will probably seem like the most horrible, bigoted thing you've ever heard me say, but I really believe that much of the posturing "outrage" against whites acting as superior, is because many among the minorities fear that it might actually be true.

I don't think that's racist at all, and I'm not a racist myself either. I would go so far as to suggest that all evidence supports that statement as being true -- at least based on what we've seen through history thus far.

No race of people has accomplished more in terms of civilization advances, conquering nations, and taking the world from the dark ages into the technological age we find ourselves in now like people of white ethnicity have. And this despite the fact that there are two billion Chinese people in China alone (1/3rd of all people are asian), one billion Indians in India alone, and entire continents of almost exclusively black people.

So despite a relatively small global footprint, and relatively small numbers, white people are the race of majority in almost every first world nation. Coincidence or tangible proof that we can get shit done and do it better than anyone else?

It's one thing to say that we have a natural advantage living in places like Canada, America, or Britain because we have a democracy while other countries have their potential limited by dictatorships or communist regimes. But then how does that explain Nazi Germany or the Soviet Union? Two nations of predominantly white people (that were largely enslaved for a long period of time) and yet two of the most powerful and advanced nations on earth. Germany is one of the economic superpowers of today.
    Post edited 12/31/2013 @ 12:30:09 PM by TechGuy
  • TechGuy said:

I'm sorry. We can debate this seriously tomorrow but right now I just can't stop laughing. bigsmile.gif

bigsmile.gif
    IwDDeCo.jpg
  • TechGuy said:

Well considering that I will most definitely earn at least double what he's earning, even by having a minimum wage job, and considering that the water he drinks in his country comes out of the same line as the sewage line, I think I'd still rather be me. proud.gif

Don't forget the most important difference: you have toilet paper, he has two hands. wink.gif
    IwDDeCo.jpg
  • TechGuy said:

Here's where I feel Megyn Kelly (Person "A") crossed the line: at 0:15 she explicitly calls out the attention of all of the kids watching at home, and then proceeds to tell them directly that Santa "just is white". She probably thought she was being cute, but I thought it was pretty lame.

And then, of course the guy who brings reason to the table is given 15 seconds before he's cut off mid-argument because they've gotta go to the next waste-of-airtime story. giggle.gif
    IwDDeCo.jpg
  • edited 12/30/2013 @ 9:07:17 PM
    TechGuy said:

Perhaps the next thread I create can be about the uproar over women wearing "hijabs" or whatever they're called in Quebec. (Muslim women that dress like ninjas in public basically.) I *think* there are laws about NOT being able to conceal your identity (to avoid the usual criminal intent) but I'm sure they were overturned or side-stepped to allow this cultural thing.

In my opinion, if you can legally avoid a crazy law like that one, then more power to you. Although it would be much nicer if everyone were exempt.

(Shown as edited as this was originally a double post of the comment above. smile.gif)
    Post edited 12/30/2013 @ 9:07:17 PM by Cngevpxhaqrefpber
    IwDDeCo.jpg
  • edited 12/30/2013 @ 9:13:06 PM
    Here's an idea: how about we change Santa's skin color to invisible? giggle.gif

What I mean is, why not consider no longer telling the next generation of kids that he actually exists and actually is the one who delivers the presents? (He can of course still "exist" to the extent that cartoon characters "exist" -- I'm not saying get rid of him altogether). What good comes out of it, honestly?

I know that parents definitely get some joy out of it, but I think the joy for kids is pretty short lived and then it often turns into a negative. It seems that usually either:

- Kids get their hearts/spirits broken by other kids who found out he's not real and then got a sick joy going around and ruining it for all the kids who still believe. (Maybe to make them feel a little better about the fact it was ruined for them by someone else.)

and/or

- A kid finds out one way or another, but his/her parents still pretend he exists because they still think their kid believes, and so in order to not make their parents feel bad, the kid continues to pretend he exists (which can be awkward).

lookdown.gif
    IwDDeCo.jpg
  • edited 12/31/2013 @ 12:40:28 PM
    Cngevpxhaqrefpber said:

TechGuy said:

Don't forget the most important difference: you have toilet paper, he has two hands. wink.gif
    I KNEW there must be a reason why their skin always looks that dirty brown color!!! proud.gif
    (Now the second official racist joke of this thread. LOL.)

I apologize if anyone is offended but my life is one of many that has been affected negatively by the influence of India on the world -- especially in IT. It not only hurts me, it hurts all Canadians. I have never had anything against Indian people. They are always welcome to come to Canada and work here anytime -- provided they earn a salary that is equivalent to a CANADIAN working the same job, and provided the jobs they occupy stay in Canada.

What I don't have any time for are Indians living in India seeking to undermine and destroy the economies of first world nations by stealing our jobs and creating an environment that is neither healthy nor sustainable. (If it was such a great economic model to follow, there wouldn't be more poor people in India today than there are in the entire continent of Africa.)

TechGuy said:

Here's where I feel Megyn Kelly (Person "A") crossed the line: at 0:15 she explicitly calls out the attention of all of the kids watching at home, and then proceeds to tell them directly that Santa "just is white". She probably thought she was being cute, but I thought it was pretty lame.

And then, of course the guy who brings reason to the table is given 15 seconds before he's cut off mid-argument because they've gotta go to the next waste-of-airtime story. giggle.gif
    It's just one of those stupid news discussions that you can't win and shouldn't even bother to state on television. It's the kind of topic that two drunk people will brawl over in a bar. You just know it's going to generate a negative reaction.

That being said, a quick Wikipedia search revealed this:

Saint Nicholas
    A 13th-century Egyptian depiction of St. Nicholas from Saint Catherine's Monastery, Sinai.

Saint Nicholas of Myra was a 4th-century Greek Christian bishop of Myra (now Demre) in Lycia, a province of the Byzantine Anatolia, now in Turkey. Nicholas was famous for his generous gifts to the poor, in particular presenting the three impoverished daughters of a pious Christian with dowries so that they would not have to become prostitutes.[7] He was very religious from an early age and devoted his life entirely to Christianity. In continental Europe (more precisely the Netherlands, Belgium, Austria and Germany) he is usually portrayed as a bearded bishop in canonical robes."

170px-St_Nicholas_Icon_Sinai_13th_centur

My understanding of "Santa Claus" is that the name derives from Saint Nicholas who was a REAL person known for his generosity (see above). That's usually how these sorts of things get started. Every myth usually has some basis in reality and is then twisted and spun into unrealistic proportions. Now is it possible he was white? Absolutely. Does it really matter what ethnicity he was from? Not at all. However, a black person feels slighted if you claim Santa Claus is white because to them it means that a black person can't be "great" or "memorable" in some way. For whatever reason, they can't latch onto a great person of any ethnicity other than black -- real or imaginary. To a white person all it means is that he happened to be white.

There is an aspect to racial "minorities" that does get tiring after awhile. The feeling that someone is constantly walking around with a chip on the shoulder because of the way their ancestors were treated wears thin. In Canada we get it all the time from Indians (ie: "Native" people.) We can't call them "Indians" because somehow that term is now unacceptable. We have to use the INCORRECT term "native" to describe people that are no more native to this country than I am... since we were all BORN here.

To which my response would be:

How about we just leave it the way that it is and for the first time in history we stop changing our traditions simply to please members of every other ethnic group?

lookdown.gif
  • Fucking "KWANZAA" was created by a known terrorist, and he wasn't white.devil.gif
    fX7ExU4.png
  • Santa IS white, and if you don't like it, then celebrate your own holiday, in character!!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maulana_Karenga
    fX7ExU4.png
  • TechGuy said:

What I don't have any time for are Indians living in India seeking to undermine and destroy the economies of first world nations by stealing our jobs and creating an environment that is neither healthy nor sustainable. (If it was such a great economic model to follow, there wouldn't be more poor people in India today than there are in the entire continent of Africa.)

Is it because India has 200 million more people? And isn't India's economic situation improving and outlook brighter (thanks to them recently moving further away from socialism and protectionism and more in the direction of [relatively] free market capitalism)?

Anyway, I highly doubt these workers are seeking to undermine or destroy any economy. lookdown.gif Why shouldn't poor people in India or anywhere be able to compete in the marketplace, work, and make money so they can enjoy a more decent standard of living? How is that stealing? (That implies people, or countries, have the right to permanently keep their job no matter what unless they willingly give it up.)

And the better off the people of India are financially, the more goods and services they can and will purchase from the US and Canada. smile.gif Check this out: http://www.ustr.gov/countries-regions/south-central-asia/india

US exports to India in 2000: 3.7 billion. In 2011: 21.6 billion. At that rate in 7 years it'll be 126 billion.
    IwDDeCo.jpg
  • TechGuy said:

Cngevpxhaqrefpber said:

To which my response would be:

How about we just leave it the way that it is and for the first time in history we stop changing our traditions simply to please members of every other ethnic group?

lookdown.gif
    That wasn't why I made that suggestion/argument, but in general I do agree.
    IwDDeCo.jpg

Fucking "KWANZAA" was created by a known terrorist, and he wasn't white.devil.gif

What IS kwanzaa exactly? gasp.gif