The Every Simpsons Ever marathon on FXX

Comments

• edited 08/27/2014 @ 8:27:14 PM
    Yep. 12 days straight, with nothing but Simpsons all day (with commercials of course).

The shame of it is it was really only worth binge-watching during the first few days - in hindsight I should've watched more episodes during that time period. The quality of the show dropped off dramatically towards the late 90s in my opinion. Right now they're at 2004.

FXX is putting the entire archive online and you can watch all the episodes on demand a la South Park though, so that's cool. (I prefer watching stuff on TV though.)
  • edited 08/28/2014 @ 9:48:54 AM
    Nope, according to Wikipedia, there are 552 episodes. Each season (there are 25) has about 23 episodes give or take a couple; the first season only had 13. Also, FXX (who paid $750 million for syndication rights, by the way) started the marathon at 10AM.
  • edited 10/03/2014 @ 9:53:03 PM

• - My computer speakers are crappy compared to even the built-in speaker on the CRT TVs from the mid 90s in my house.

I have 5.1 surround speakers on my PC plugged into Sound Blaster Audigy card

- TVs have remotes.

My computer has two remotes

- A TV is built for one thing: watching video. That's all you can do on it. If there's a commercial you can flip to another channel but that's about it. With a computer you can do anything quickly and easily, so the temptation is there (for me at least) to check emails, or look something up online, etc. It's distracting.

That's exactly why I like it on one screen of the computer, so I can do something else on another screen while watching the current show of choice (Arrow)

- TV streams tend to be far more reliable and have a much nicer, smoother frame rate (and non-HD video looks way better on a non-HD TV than on a big computer monitor in full screen mode).

My monitors rock

I do watch stuff on my computer from time to time, but it's never my first choice.

I watch stuff on TV late at night when I'm horizontal or when snugglin with the lady