Tried on a pair of boxer briefs for the first time ever tonight...

... and all I can say is: OW! yuck.gif

Don't get me wrong, they make me look and feel way sexier (bigsmile.gifsun.gif)... but they crushed my balls and made them feel sore, even though they fit great elsewhere. gasp.gif

Is this something you're supposed to just put up with and get used to (in which case I'll keep wearing boxers like I have for many years thank you very much)? Or do I need to get the next size up, or maybe find a brand that's got a bigger pouch to accommodate my junk?
IwDDeCo.jpg

Comments

• LOL. sun.gif

I don't wear boxers because:

1. They provide no support.
    2. They're no different than wearing thin shorts.

Spit on your hand and stroke my cock at a medium pace.
  • edited 09/04/2014 @ 10:27:44 AM
    Maybe it's because I'm still young, but I don't mind the lack of support; the feeling of freedom feels nice. giggle.gif I don't think I've ever felt the need for extra support, but who knows, maybe that's just because I haven't experienced the awesomeness that is a good pair of boxer briefs. lookdown.gif What brand/style do you wear?

What I also like about boxers besides the "feeling" of freedom is that while boxer briefs very much accentuate the bulge, boxers hide it well. This makes it so you can get away with walking around in your underwear (or revealing it temporarily, say to change pants quickly) and it's just like what you said, like you're wearing a thin, short pair of shorts.

The only bad thing about boxers is sometimes they ride up, and when you put your pants on you do have to tuck the legs in. These are very minor issues to me though.
    IwDDeCo.jpg
  • edited 09/09/2014 @ 4:48:52 PM
    Cngevpxhaqrefpber said:

Maybe it's because I'm still young, but I don't mind the lack of support; the feeling of freedom feels nice. giggle.gif I don't think I've ever felt the need for extra support, but who knows, maybe that's just because I haven't experienced the awesomeness that is a good pair of boxer briefs. lookdown.gif What brand/style do you wear?

What I also like about boxers besides the "feeling" of freedom is that while boxer briefs very much accentuate the bulge, boxers hide it well. This makes it so you can get away with walking around in your underwear (or revealing it temporarily, say to change pants quickly) and it's just like what you said, like you're wearing a thin, short pair of shorts.

The only bad thing about boxers is sometimes they ride up, and when you put your pants on you do have to tuck the legs in. These are very minor issues to me though.

There are two main kinds of underwear for men: boxers (shorts) and briefs (y-fronts).

I've tried both, and I could never get past the fact that wearing boxers is exactly like wearing a regular pair of shorts with nothing underneath. It just doesn't feel right to me. Furthermore, if you do any physical activity like sports, running, etc... you get no "support" when you wear boxers. It is exactly the same problem that a woman with large boobs would deal with if she tried to run without a bra on. It can actually be painful.

Thus, it's no surprise that "sport bras" are tight fitting bras. Similarly, I need to wear something that conforms to my body so that I can be active and not in pain while doing it. It's really noticeable with martial arts when you start jumping and kicking.

And I've never figured out why women like seeing guys in boxers when briefs are form fitting and far more revealing. It flies in the face of convention. A woman wearing boxer shorts hasn't got anything on a woman wearing a thong.

smile.gif
  • edited 09/10/2014 @ 2:16:45 PM
    TechGuy said:

I've tried both, and I could never get past the fact that wearing boxers is exactly like wearing a regular pair of shorts with nothing underneath. It just doesn't feel right to me. Furthermore, if you do any physical activity like sports, running, etc... you get no "support" when you wear boxers. It is exactly the same problem that a woman with large boobs would deal with if she tried to run without a bra on. It can actually be painful.

Thus, it's no surprise that "sport bras" are tight fitting bras. Similarly, I need to wear something that conforms to my body so that I can be active and not in pain while doing it. It's really noticeable with martial arts when you start jumping and kicking.

That's the one time I can see the functional benefit of boxer briefs: when doing a lot of physical activity. But for me, when I wore them I was in pain when I *wasn't* active. giggle.gif

FYI my mom bought me a cheap pair of American Eagle boxer briefs (trunk version: slightly longer in the legs), same size, and it was the same story. I also tried a size up in the same brand of boxer briefs I tried originally and while they didn't squeeze my balls as hard, they also didn't hold my thing in place well enough, and it was falling into the legs and stuff, which felt weird. They were also a little too loose in the waist.

One common theme with all three pairs: they all had a little bit of elastic in them. I wonder if 100% cotton might be better. (In general I prefer 100% cotton in my clothing, but I bought this pair of boxer briefs because they were popular and also cheap on clearance, so I figured if they didn't work out, I wasn't out much moolah.)
    TechGuy said:

And I've never figured out why women like seeing guys in boxers when briefs are form fitting and far more revealing. It flies in the face of convention. A woman wearing boxer shorts hasn't got anything on a woman wearing a thong.

In doing some brief (ha) research on boxers and boxer briefs prior to buying this pair, I found that it seems like women prefer on men, in order:

1) Boxer briefs
    2) Boxer shorts
    100) Tightey whiteys (briefs)
    IwDDeCo.jpg
  • Cngevpxhaqrefpber said:

That's the one time I can see the functional benefit of boxer briefs: when doing a lot of physical activity. But for me, when I wore them I was in pain when I *wasn't* active. giggle.gif

Then you need a larger size. They shouldn't be so tight that you're in pain. gasp.gif
    Cngevpxhaqrefpber said:

they also didn't hold my thing in place well enough, and it was falling into the legs and stuff, which felt weird.

LOL. I've bought some bad pairs of briefs that had the opening designed wrong. (Translation: It kept popping out, all the time.) On a properly designed pair of briefs, that won't happen. bigsmile.gif
    Cngevpxhaqrefpber said:

One common theme with all three pairs: they all had a little bit of elastic in them. I wonder if 100% cotton might be better.

I usually get 100% cotton. That way you can turn them inside out and wear them another day. halo.gifwink.gif
    Cngevpxhaqrefpber said:

In doing some brief (ha) research on boxers and boxer briefs prior to buying this pair, I found that it seems like women prefer on men, in order:

1) Boxer briefs
    2) Boxer shorts
    100) Tightey whiteys (briefs)

What the heck are boxer briefs? Photo? smile.gif
  • edited 09/11/2014 @ 11:08:05 PM
    TechGuy said:

Then you need a larger size. They shouldn't be so tight that you're in pain. gasp.gif

Well, it's not really pain, more like soreness from my balls being squeezed... fairly gently, but enough to cause discomfort. I'm betting the fact that they've got spandex in them has a lot to do with it.
    TechGuy said:

LOL. I've bought some bad pairs of briefs that had the opening designed wrong. (Translation: It kept popping out, all the time.) On a properly designed pair of briefs, that won't happen. bigsmile.gif

bigsmile.gif

I used to have a pair of boxers that did that. The ones I have now have a button fly.
    TechGuy said:

I usually get 100% cotton. That way you can turn them inside out and wear them another day. halo.gifwink.gif

bigsmile.gif

I've regularly worn my underwear multiple times before washing over the years. However, I only do this if I haven't showered. If I shower I always have to put on a clean pair of underwear. There have only been a handful of times I've ever had to make an exception. lookdown.gif
    TechGuy said:

They're basically a boxer / brief hybrid, as the name suggests. They have the support and snug fit of briefs, and the upper thigh coverage of boxers (but usually to a much lesser degree, unless you go with trunks). They also tend to be offered in fancier colors and patterns I think, along with the more traditional colors.

P8jGhg7.jpg
    IwDDeCo.jpg

TechGuy said:

They're basically a boxer / brief hybrid, as the name suggests. They have the support and snug fit of briefs, and the upper thigh coverage of boxers (but usually to a much lesser degree, unless you go with trunks). They also tend to be offered in fancier colors and patterns I think, along with the more traditional colors.

P8jGhg7.jpg
    Whoa! Thought I was looking in a mirror for a sec there...

Now that I know what they are, they appear to be a compromise to try and please both sexes: Briefs (because that's what most guys want to wear), while looking like boxers (because for some dumb ass reason women don't like seeing men naked or nearly naked).

smile.gif
  • TechGuy said:

Whoa! Thought I was looking in a mirror for a sec there...

bigsmile.gif
    TechGuy said:

Now that I know what they are, they appear to be a compromise to try and please both sexes: Briefs (because that's what most guys want to wear), while looking like boxers (because for some dumb ass reason women don't like seeing men naked or nearly naked).

Personally, I think they (boxer briefs) look a lot more masculine and sporty. Briefs kind of look like old man / dad underwear; they also have somewhat of a feminine shape, what with them showing the entire thigh - which I guess is fine if you're muscular or toned (or a woman), but even still.
    IwDDeCo.jpg
  • What this old man wears...

41lrvPGS9RL._SX208_.jpg
  • Man, you guys are SO cool and hip. bigsmile.gifwink.gif

I say: briefs belong in the trash; boxer briefs are for if you want to impress women (and actually seem like perfect swim shorts if you're in a private pool); and boxer shorts are for wearing all the other times. You just can't beat the feeling of freedom.

BTW, with briefs and boxer briefs, is it supposed to be situated a certain way? Because when it's up, I noticed it would sometimes get in the way of my pants waistband, and when it's down, it feels all cramped and gets sweaty. That's the nice thing about boxers: you can quickly and easily situate it any way you like and either way, it doesn't feel like it's being cramped or forced to stay in that position, and it's allowed to do its own thing.
    IwDDeCo.jpg

Man, you guys are SO cool and hip. bigsmile.gifwink.gif

I say: briefs belong in the trash; boxer briefs are for if you want to impress women (and actually seem like perfect swim shorts if you're in a private pool); and boxer shorts are for wearing all the other times. You just can't beat the feeling of freedom.

BTW, with briefs and boxer briefs, is it supposed to be situated a certain way? Because when it's up, I noticed it would sometimes get in the way of my pants waistband, and when it's down, it feels all cramped and gets sweaty. That's the nice thing about boxers: you can quickly and easily situate it any way you like and either way, it doesn't feel like it's being cramped or forced to stay in that position, and it's allowed to do its own thing.

If you want to impress women, this is the only item you need:

wallet-money-17103047.jpg

giggle.gif

ROFL!!! bigsmile.gif

It's true! You'll learn that valuable life lesson as you get older. Whether explicitly stated or not, women will not date a guy unless he has money. And the more money you have, the more willing women are to overlook other factors such as looks. gasp.gif

Now that we're into a thread on underwear, I can remember the time my ex-girlfriend made me try on her thong. LOL. It was just one of those impromptu playful moments prior to sex. lookdown.gif640px-Pinagbuyutan_Private_Beach.jpg
  • edited 10/08/2014 @ 10:51:01 PM
    TechGuy said:

Now that we're into a thread on underwear, I can remember the time my ex-girlfriend made me try on her thong. LOL. It was just one of those impromptu playful moments prior to sex. lookdown.gif

ROFL... TMI. bigsmile.gif

I also just noticed your new sig. Geeze. bigsmile.gif
    IwDDeCo.jpg

TechGuy said:

Now that we're into a thread on underwear, I can remember the time my ex-girlfriend made me try on her thong. LOL. It was just one of those impromptu playful moments prior to sex. lookdown.gif

ROFL... TMI. bigsmile.gif

I also just noticed your new sig. Geeze. bigsmile.gif

They used to have this show on TV where couples would do a clothing swap as one of the events and the couple with the fastest time would win. Naturally, prior to changing outfits, the chick would be wearing some skimpy little number and the guy would be wearing boxer shorts and a T-shirt. Suffice it to say, the guy always wound up getting the worst of that deal LOL.

Couples do crazy stuff before and during sex. smile.gif
  • My new sig is a line from Adam Sandler's song. bigsmile.gif
  • Your new sig is a line from the Cable movie Sparticus.. which had Xena in it doing the nasty
  • TechGuy said:

A woman wearing boxer shorts hasn't got anything on a woman wearing a thong.

For me it depends on how fitted and short they are. If they're just like most mens boxer shorts (loose and not fitted at all, and on the longer side) then yeah, although they're still really cute. But if they were more on the fitted and shorter side, clearly designed for women, then I would have a bit of a harder time choosing (thong would probably still win though).

How about boyshorts vs. thongs? Between those two I've always preferred the former myself. smile.gif

Generally I lean more towards finding cute-sexy sexier and more appealing than sexy-sexy. lookdown.gifgiggle.gif
    IwDDeCo.jpg
  • TechGuy said:

It's interesting how it is with men vs. women. With women, while there are varying degrees of sexiness based on her choice of undergarments, all but the worst of bodies will still look great no matter the choice.

But with men, the closer to average/below average your body is, the worse you look in briefs and the much better you look in something that offers more coverage (boxer shorts or boxer briefs).

Overall, I still think boxer shorts and boxer briefs look better on all men though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASw3xqw4NtU
    IwDDeCo.jpg
  • genoski said:

Your new sig is a line from the Cable movie Sparticus.. which had Xena in it doing the nasty

Link? smile.gif
  • edited 03/31/2015 @ 11:02:30 PM
    300px-Panties_styles_-_en.svg.png

My thoughts on what women wear (based on the panty type diagram above):

If she wears "classic briefs", "high cut briefs", or "control briefs", she is either old (because it's a generational thing) or she's a young female that is so ugly she will break mirrors. I don't date women that wear any of the first three types. Nuff said.

The fun begins in row 2.

"Hipsters" and "Boy shorts" only look good on a woman with nice hips, and most women can't make that look work for them. They're okay, but they don't get my motor running.

"Bikini" cut is girl-next-door level sweet. They show legs and a nice amount of butt. Definitely attention getting and looks great on most women.

My heart starts to melt on row 3.

"Tanga" panties are awesome. They just creep a wee bit up the butt (like a semi-thong) while they're standing, and then when the woman bends over you can see everything. tongue.gif

The "Thong" is a classic. It always looks great from every angle. Even if a woman doesn't have a perfect figure, she always looks sexier in a thong.

"G-strings" are showstoppers. I find most women don't take it right to the g-string level, but the ones that do are the kind of women that are fun to be around. (Or expensive to be around. LOL.) lookdown.gif
  • edited 04/03/2015 @ 4:22:59 PM
    TechGuy said:

If she wears "classic briefs", "high cut briefs", or "control briefs", she is either old (because it's a generational thing) or she's a young female that is so ugly she will break mirrors. I don't date women that wear any of the first three types. Nuff said.

giggle.gif

Is it that you don't date the type of women that wear those types, or you don't date women because they wear those types (or both)? How about if she's not that type of woman yet still wears those types? wink.gif

I'll tell you what though, Google Images often shows some pretty funny results. Search for "woman in classic briefs" and look at the 2nd result. lookdown.gifbigsmile.gif
    IwDDeCo.jpg
  • TechGuy said:

"Boy shorts"

When I think of boy shorts I think of ones that have slightly longer "legs", which I think look a lot better than the version in your picture, which just looks like a rectangle.
    IwDDeCo.jpg

Is it that you don't date the type of women that wear those types, or you don't date women because they wear those types (or both)? How about if she's not that type of woman yet still wears those types? wink.gif

I'm not attracted to the type of woman that wears those types. ie: Larger women. Not only that, it's also an attitude thing. Women that wear granny panties are prudes. These are women that don't have sex. (No joke.)

Of all the women I've dated...... (~20+ and counting)...... the breakdown is roughly like this:

BIKINI: 8
    TANGA: 4
    THONG: 4
    G-STRING: 2
    HIPSTER: 1
    CLASSIC/HIGH CUT/CONTROL BRIEFS: 1
    BOYSHORTS: 0

TOTAL: 20 (I'm guessing approximately 20.)

Bikini is hands-down the most popular style, but probably half of all women wear some type of thong (row 3). smile.gif
  • edited 04/10/2015 @ 3:16:45 AM
    TechGuy said:

I'm not attracted to the type of woman that wears those types. ie: Larger women.

Aw come on man think of the perks!

- Premium parking spots
    IwDDeCo.jpg
  • edited 06/10/2015 @ 8:19:19 PM
    Well, I've made the permanent (for now at least bigsmile.gif) switch to boxer briefs. Turns out it was just a matter of finding the right brand (they're definitely not all created equal)... and probably a little of me having to get used to being held in place too.

They're not without their faults, but overall I prefer them:

- They don't ride up: where you put them on the waist they stay.
    - I don't have to tuck them in after putting on pants or going to the bathroom (since they're not baggy like pretty much all boxers are).
    - Knit cotton is sooooooo much softer than woven. gasp.gif
    - They're far better than boxers when you're just walking/lounging around in them (which I can do now since I moved out lookdown.gif), because you're not flopping around or at risk of falling out.
    - I look so much sexier in them. bigsmile.gif
    - Being held in place actually is kinda comforting and makes me feel a little more confident.

The last one is a pro but also a con. Overall it's a pro, but sometimes a readjustment is necessary after being "tired" of being in the same position for a while, and I am made aware of their presence throughout the day (this may subside with time), whereas with boxers it was like they weren't even there and they never entered my mind.

Still, I do prefer them. (For the time being at least.) smile.gif
    IwDDeCo.jpg
  • TechGuy said:

This probably works for briefs okay, and definitely works for looser fitting boxers okay, but in my opinion boxer briefs need a little bit of spandex (mine have 5%). I tried a pair of 100% cotton boxer briefs, because I like to wear 100% cotton when possible, but by the end of the day the legs get all stretched out and stuff and it just ends up looking bad and you flop around more when your pants are off. Looking up reviews of other brands with 100% cotton boxer briefs others had the same experience, so I don't think it was just this brand that I tried.

FWIW I also tried those Ellen boxer briefs pictured above (but in black) and while they're pretty comfortable, I don't like the modal material, it's too weird. Plus I think the waistband is gaudy, not just because of the Ellen name, but also the stark contrast of the brand name against the waist band - it's too loud and ostentatious. Calvin Klein does it too and while it's a better, more "prestigious" name it's still lame in my opinion.
    IwDDeCo.jpg

Aw come on man think of the perks!

- Premium parking spots

yuck.gif LOL.
  • TechGuy said:

yuck.gif LOL.

You'll never drown when she's around?
    IwDDeCo.jpg

You'll never drown when she's around?

LOL! tongue.gif

True story: I met a 30+ year old virgin for coffee. I could tell early on that something wasn't right with her. I dumped her (nicely in this case because she wasn't a bad person). In any event, she sends me text messages every so often because she's dating a new guy and still likes to chat. Every single one of my text message replies to her opens with: "Have you fucked him yet?"

(FYI: She STILL hasn't had sex.) This woman is actually paranoid about sex. Unreal. gasp.gif