Comments

• Looks good! Glad you are still maintaining it... I seldom get to visit nowadays as I am frequently at other RC related forums.
  • My FPV quad is still operational though the last "mission" I did was last summer in an island off Toronto. I almost lost the quad in that mission... I made a mistake of using my FPV goggles without familiarizing myself first with the area. When I was coming home, I could not distinguish any landmark (from the air) of where "home" is. I almost panicked but then realize that the quad has a "return to home feature" where you can flick a switch (I actually programmed this) and it will automatically be guided by its GPS to the exact location it took off. So I flicked the switch and it headed home... As soon as it was near enough I could recognize the landmarks and took control. :)

The small quads like the one you have are getting better and better... They almost fly themselves LOL. This is partly the reason I went back to flying helis... After a while flying quads get to be boring. However the latest craze with FPV mini-quads nowadays is FPV racing... Similar to Star Wars Pod Racing where the contestants try to beat each other while negotiating obstacles such as trees, pylons, etc.
  • edited 01/02/2015 @ 5:01:02 PM
  • Wow that's cool... I have my name and phone number taped to my quad just in case. I should probably do the same (tape my name and number) on my helis. Two years ago I lost a Blade mCPX (this is a micro collective pitch heli I use for warming up before flying the bigger ones) in the park I was flying in. I was distracted by a couple who were inquiring about the helis I was flying that I lost orientation and the heli got too far for me to see... It was also windy that day. The heli crashed into either shrubs or got caught in the trees. I spent more than an hour looking for it but was not able to find it.

BTW on the quad I also have a Lost Model Alarm that starts beeping when there is no signal from the Tx for 1 minute. The beeps are very helpful in locating missing planes, quads, etc. in tall grass, trees, etc. Again I should probably put similar alarms to my helis especially if I start flying them in open fields in the country side.
  • Everything is so small
  • FF.. maybe it's the same, I dunno.. just seems small.. bad eyesight here
  • That does not deserve a response...

but apparently I did anyway
  • edited 01/11/2015 @ 10:44:07 PM