The end of an era.

Did anyone watch MythBusters last night? At the very end of the episode Adam and Jamie both said that not only was it the last episode of the season, but it was the end of an era: the show will be returning to its roots and after 10 years and over 300 myths, Kari, Tory, and Grant will not be coming back next season. It was quite a surprise and I got goosebumps/chills.

I'm sad to see them go, but personally, I think the show will probably be better off without them. For a while now I've felt that often times things seemed a little too watered down and not science-y enough, which is kind of understandable I guess, what with there being two separate groups of people dealing with two separate myth(s) in just an hour-long show.
IwDDeCo.jpg

Comments

• Cngevpxhaqrefpber said:

Did anyone watch MythBusters last night?

I don't think I've ever watched it... I don't need to watch someone disprove or prove what I already know to be the case

• tongue.gif

You're missing out on some good, fun TV. MythBusters is great, and I'm looking forward to seeing if/how it improves now that it's just going to be Adam and Jamie. smile.gif
    IwDDeCo.jpg

tongue.gif

You're missing out on some good, fun TV. MythBusters is great, and I'm looking forward to seeing if/how it improves now that it's just going to be Adam and Jamie. smile.gif

I liked the older stuff where they focused more on the science and gathering the materials and gradually scaled up their testing to full scale. The more recent stuff was almost unwatchable because they would keep replaying the same footage over and over. It became a 60 minute show with 30 minutes of original video.

smile.gif
    Spit on your hand and stroke my cock at a medium pace.
  • TechGuy said:

I liked the older stuff where they focused more on the science and gathering the materials and gradually scaled up their testing to full scale. The more recent stuff was almost unwatchable because they would keep replaying the same footage over and over. It became a 60 minute show with 30 minutes of original video.

I know right? Plus, it seemed like the only point of most of the episodes was to get to the really cool explosion at the end, which was nice and all but kind of gets tiresome after a while, especially since it was lacking in the other areas. Not a good enough style:substance ratio.
    IwDDeCo.jpg

TechGuy said:

I know right? Plus, it seemed like the only point of most of the episodes was to get to the really cool explosion at the end, which was nice and all but kind of gets tiresome after a while, especially since it was lacking in the other areas. Not a good enough style:substance ratio.
    Agreed x 2.

They really went off the rails with myths involving guns and bombs. I think it was way overdone. Almost to the point that the FBI should have been part of the cast.

gasp.gif
  • TechGuy said:

Almost to the point that the FBI should have been part of the cast.

Or the MIB
  • genoski said:

TechGuy said:

Almost to the point that the FBI should have been part of the cast.

Or the MIB

lookdown.gif
  • I saw an episode last night with two dudes in tuxes what are in a Corvair that runs out of gas in the desert. All the have to save themselves is their wits, and apparently an unlimited supply of bubble wrap and duct tape. It was pretty lame
  • Oh yeah I seen that one. It was just aiight from what I remember, I think that's the one where that daredevil wire-walker guy was on it and it was sort of like a promo for the live event where he walked across the Grand Canyon which aired immediately after.
    IwDDeCo.jpg
  • I caught the first two episodes of the new season Saturday night (the season started last week I think). So far it is SO much better with just Adam and Jamie! sun.gif The pacing alone has improved tremendously, it no longer feels frenetic and rushed and just feels "right". smile.gif

After that they had on some new show about a guy who makes big-ass swords, which was kinda entertaining. giggle.gif I think he got popular on YouTube and they (Discovery) offered him his own show.
    IwDDeCo.jpg

a guy who makes big-ass swords

I saw the coming distractions for that show, nothing can be less entertaining to me than big ass swords
  • genoski said:

I saw the coming distractions for that show, nothing can be less entertaining to me than big ass swords

giggle.gif

Some of the stuff he was making was pretty badass though. sun.gif The guy was kinda funny too, as were some of his team members. I probably wouldn't set out to watch another episode, but if nothing else was on and I was bored...
    IwDDeCo.jpg

The guy was kinda funny too, as were some of his team members.

About as lame as Treehouse Masters.. "To the trees!!!"
  • genoski said:

About as lame

bigsmile.gif

It was borderline. giggle.gif
    genoski said:

as Treehouse Masters.. "To the trees!!!"

Tried finding a clip, all I got was:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2lKSEgb8yc
    IwDDeCo.jpg
  • So flipping channels the other night (cuz as a guy I dont watch whats on TV, I'm more concerned with what else is on TV) and I come to this bigasssword show, so I watched it for a few and the head Irish guy (caveman) is pretty funny, they way he insults his crew of helpers, except for the lesbian blacksmith, he has good things to say about her.. so it was fun to watch for 10 minutes, but I'm over it
  • genoski said:
    Sweet. sun.gif
    genoski said:

So flipping channels the other night (cuz as a guy I dont watch whats on TV, I'm more concerned with what else is on TV) and I come to this bigasssword show, so I watched it for a few and the head Irish guy (caveman) is pretty funny

I already said that. tongue.gifwink.gif
    genoski said:

except for the lesbian blacksmith

Did they say she was a lesbian in the episode you saw, or are you assuming it?
    genoski said:

so it was fun to watch for 10 minutes, but I'm over it

Yeah, I started watching it for like a minute after last week's episode of Mythbusters but then I was like meh and turned it off.
    IwDDeCo.jpg

Did they say she was a lesbian in the episode you saw, or are you assuming it?

I have very good gaydar
  • Hiya gang! lookdown.gif
  • TechGuy said:

Hiya gang! lookdown.gif

Hey, good to see ya back! smile.gif
    IwDDeCo.jpg
  • genoski said:

I have very good gaydar

I consider myself to have pretty good gaydar too. sun.gifbigsmile.gif

I can't say that I ever considered whether or not she was a lesbian while watching the show - I think my first impression of her was just that she was a hippie tree hugging type who probably also liked motorcycles - although as I look at her again now specifically trying to see it, it wouldn't surprise me if she was lesbian. Couldn't find anything after a quick Google...
    IwDDeCo.jpg

Couldn't find anything after a quick Google...

Could be she hasn't come out yet

Hey, good to see ya back!

Yeah I try to pop in when I can. Hanging out at various sports discussion forums recently. LOL. They get boring after awhile though.

http://www.cpuforums.org/images/smileys/smile.gif
  • TechGuy said:

Yeah I try to pop in when I can. Hanging out at various sports discussion forums recently. LOL. They get boring after awhile though.

When you've experienced the excitement that is this current incarnation of the CPU Forums, nothing else satisfies! bigsmile.gif
    IwDDeCo.jpg

When you've experienced the excitement that is this current incarnation of the CPU Forums, nothing else satisfies! bigsmile.gif

Exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxactly. sun.gif

Now if only you can fix the smiley's and the quotes. mischief.gif
  • edited 03/20/2015 @ 3:20:12 AM
    TechGuy said:

Now if only you can fix the smiley's and the quotes. mischief.gif

Yeah I know, hopefully one o' these days. lookdown.gifgiggle.gif
    IwDDeCo.jpg

Yeah I know, hopefully one o' these days. lookdown.gifgiggle.gif

Hop to it! tongue.gif
  • TechGuy said:

Hop to it! tongue.gif

Woo hoo! Fixed the quotes at least. It was easier than I thought. sun.gif

MUCH better now. Thanks for the motivational kick in the ass! bigsmile.gifwink.gif
    IwDDeCo.jpg

Woo hoo! Fixed the quotes at least. It was easier than I thought. sun.gif

MUCH better now. Thanks for the motivational kick in the ass! bigsmile.gifwink.gif

Awesome. lookdown.gif

I'll need to download the latest seasons of MythBusters. I haven't watched it for awhile now.
  • They've been on a really long hiatus. I hate when shows do that mid-season.
    IwDDeCo.jpg