Amazing what a little cleaning will do...

Comments

• I haven't cleaned mine since I replaced the GPU, maybe two years ago. Talking about GPUs, it looks like prices have gone way up if you could find one in stock. The mining craze has people hoarding GPUs.
  • Damn, just noticed cng's post I was replying to was from 2016 lol. Cng are you still there?
  • Glad to hear you're still alive and well! I am still riding and flying my helis. I just built a PC for the son of a colleague of mine late last year. He was able to get the parts just before videocard prices started getting crazy. The rig was amazingingly fast and I was thinking of building one myself as my current PC is getting really long in the tooth... As I was making the list of parts the price of GPUs started getting out of hand. Long story short, I will have to live with my current PC for at least another 6 months to one year or until this mining bubble bursts. The new PC components make for incredible fast PCs! m.2 NVMe drives (much faster than SATA SSDs), hexacore CPU, 1070-1080 class nVidia cards, and all the RGB LED bling goodness on motherboards and cases.

Nope I was not able to join the crypto bandwagon... unfortunately. Not really sure where things are headed with regards to it. All I know is that this cryptocurrency/blockchain craze appear to require a huge amount of energy to get going... Not sure how this can be sustainable in the long run.

The blockchain/crypto does seem very intriguing though... You kind of wonder since it (crypto/blockchain) appears to threaten a lot of established industries and institutions. Just like malls, Sears, regular brick and mortar stores that are being eliminated by Amazon and online retailers, you kind of wonder what will happen in the next 5 years if this crypto/blockchain keeps going... Also Machine Learning and AI which are now the current buzzwords you always hear about if you are in IT/Computers.

What will people end up doing if all the jobs are being automated? lol. If they (corporation/government) are going to pay me to stay home, or ride my bike, or fly my helis instead of go to work I have no problem!