Favorite Super Bowl commercials?

Comments

• I didn't watch. I had a pile of people over practising our chorus. We had fun and didn't worry about Audi or VW.
    I'm getting a life.
  • I thought that the coca cola "border guards" commercial was clever.
  • edited 02/08/2011 @ 7:02:20 PM
  • Everything, in itself, is harmless. Spending a few years in jail is harmless - it gets you an education that you couldn't get in school.
    I'm not upset with you watching commercials, getting slowly brainwashed about consuming all those shiny items - it won't affect me, I'm smarter than that - getting a job to pay for them,
    paying sales taxes, and living the great American dream. I'm finding that the dream didn't really work as advertised. It took a very long time to pay for
    the house, it took a very long time to finish college, get the tedious job, commute in the newer, reliable car,
    buy the clothes that were appropriate for an engineer, pay for the dry cleaning, go to expensive lunches, etc.
    I had the most fun in my life not working, not watching TV - and the associated ads - travelling all over the world, living in ashrams, trekking in Nepal,
    learning new languages, eating new foods, getting an education that was better than the one one might get in jail.
    That's kinda what I mean about getting a life.
    I'm sorry, I just don't get the enjoyment of watching TV ads, even if some clever marketing guy comes up with some funny way of saying "buy this."