Somalia

Comments

• It's kinda predictable that you would point out how we're not at all like Somalia. So, anarchy would be so different here than how it's been in Somalia. What one can learn from looking at anarchy in other countries is how things go when there's no government, no police, no farms to grow the food, no organization for any medical help, and no way for outside help to go in. America would become a third world country if all the controls were destroyed by removing the government services. But, I can see that we're not ever gonna be on the same page with this.

It's OK. You'll see what I'm talking about one day. I can lead you to the History book - but, I can't make you understand what it says. You can interpret the facts the way you like. I, too, was a wrestling fan, once.
  • edited 03/11/2011 @ 7:10:47 PM
    OK, we might be the only ones left with something to argue about. I won't agree to disagree in that case.

It's time to start working on laying out the garden.
    Our super market in town has expanded. It looks like a Raley's but still not much parking. The prices have gone up - like $3.00 for lettuce. So, we're gonna plant
    a more extended garden and do canning this Fall to fight the high cost of veggies.

It's hard to grow stuff that we haven't figured out how to include in the diet.
    We grew a lot of eggplant one year. It was a real job to make eggplant parmisian. So, we found that Costco sometimes sells the eggplant all ready to slice and layer into
    the meal without all the blanching - multiple steps needed to prepare it all. It can take a few hours to prepare, then you have to bake it. Sometimes frozen stuff is a lot easier.

So, this year kohlrabi, tomato plants really early, lettuce grown in shade - so it won't bolt as soon as the sun gets hot, etc. We're getting the idea. We've got the canning jars.
    We're gonna make it even if inflation wipes out the Dollar and we all go back to bartering.
  • The plain and simple truth is... no central government equals anarchy. That's a fact, Jack, no opinions here.
  • Gaddafi had a central government and was able to do his criminal behavior to the people for many years. The people got tired of this and decided to
    go thru some form of revolution. I guess Gaddafi has brought in the Free Market protection that Cng was talking about. You just pay the army
    you bring in to do your bidding - it's his Country isn't it? He's protecting himself.

A central government taxes everyone too much. When it's really too much, then, there's a revolution. Otherwise, there's money for the infrastructure to run a country.