I think this guy can't count. But, he can write a clear message.

Comments

• edited 04/23/2011 @ 8:07:10 AM
  • Yeah, I was impressed by this news column. It's too bad that he's retiring. We still need writers who aren't owned by those lobbyists and their sponsors. It sounds like General Butler realized what he was doing
    after doing it for 33 years. It's too bad that he couldn't get more changes made. Maybe he did make changes as he figured out what he wrote about being a thug for the US war machine. I think he would have been promoted out of the way if he was too effective. How do we get our war machine to stop?
  • Butler came out with his message at a time when "Joe Doaks" still believed in this country's integrity, so he was discounted as a malcontented loon. Sad.

Just like now a days, the 'anti-conspircay nuts' do such a great service to the crooks running our era, by branding anyone who dare cross the lines against the corrupt status quo as a 'lone nutter'

I often think of the case of Sara Jane Olson, and the point the government made on the importance of prosecuting her even after so many years of up right living, the government stating that it was imperative to "send the right message". And they nailed her for conspiracy, even though the bomb never went off.

Yet whenever the government does bad things like launching war against another nation over cooked pretenses, or our vice president gets drunk and shoots a hunting buddy, suddenly the urgency to "send the proper message" loses all priority, and anyone suggesting there is even a hint of complicity is discounted as a conspiracy nut. While most of the mouth breathers we are forced to accept as our "peers", buy it hook, line, and stinker!