Logitech/Xbox 360 emulator

edited 10/31/2010 @ 7:03:59 AM in Computer / Tech Help
My son, Sabuk, downloaded Batman - Arkham Asylum from Steam. His wired Logitech Rumble Pad 2 controller won't run right. The up joy stick makes Bats walk backwards, etc. There are many 'fixes' out there that all promise to work it out. We spent all of yesterday trying out the various 'improvements' with no luck. It's frustrating to have so many programs to modify the controller - but, not get the cigar.

Is there a definitive way to get this done? We changed the OEM controller name in the registry. We got Xpadder. That seemed to move the buttons into the right places. But when we played the game it didn't change.

We got this Xbox 360 emulator. You've got to install this file which will supercede the other controller profiles in the .exe games directory. We couldn't find any directories with any ,exe in then. I know they're there. But, the desktop icon just jumps to the right one. How can I find where the game directory is?

I'm sure there is a patch forthcoming. It would be nice to find a fix for this sooner than later.

We don't want to buy an Xbox 360 controller. Is this a conspiracy by Microsoft? This might be my personal prejudice against Microsoft. Anybody got any ideas?

Comments

• Yeah, wouldn't it be easier to just pull the case apart and rewire the various controls? Apparently, the default profile is what it ends up using - even after all the extra downloaded software to change the profile has been run.

Could this be some arrangement with Microsoft? They do make the Xbox 360 controller which is what the game expects you to use. It may have something to do with Steam needing to be connected. It's Steam's way of making sure you've paid for playing the game. There's a familiar-looking 24 character code that they give you when you buy the game. I guess if you buy the DVD, the other profiles might work.

There are actions you can do within the game to invert the controls, invert the camera, etc. We now have one set of right-thumb buttons that aren't inverted properly. Everything else has been fixed. So, it's playable.

He spent all day yesterday without stopping for food. It certainly is addictive. Since he's still getting good grades, I'm letting this happen. He didn't go trick or treating because he didn't plan on meeting up with any of his friends. This is why he's doing the D & D club. He is taking some risk by inviting people to come and try this 'new' activity. It's the only way he can think of to meet them away from school. I hope it works.