Any "old timers" here?

2»

Comments

• I guess I'm just anti-stickers. When I bought my first new car.. 1975 Celica GT, I informed the dealership I did not want any dealer stickers on it. They day I went to pick it up, right there on the rear of it was Chicago Toyota, with their logo and address ... I was pissed. I told the sales manager to either give me $5000 to pay for advertising his dealership, or get the sticker off pronto. They sent the car across the street to the body shop and it came back in 20 minutes looking like the sticker was never there. Then the jerk had the audacity to ask me if I wanted the black plastic Chicago Toyota plate frames instead.
  • edited 12/01/2010 @ 10:47:52 AM
    I always put my Window's sticker on the case somewhere so I know the serial number without digging through my papers. People who build their own PCs are usually somewhat proud of the choices they made in parts and software, so it is not unusual to find the logos and stickers on custom PCs to tell people what good taste and fancy hardware the builder put inside. I put TWO Xeon stickers on my dual Xeon boxes.

Apple gives me tons of apple stickers--they go in the waste basket.
  • LoL... I recently upgraded to an i5-650 and 4gb of DDR3.... WOW what a difference and Windows 7 helps out a lot. Much better than Vista ever was and has some good improvements that lend to good stability.

Still not as smooth as my Linux box.

Talk about sticker shock - there were no less than 15 in the latest SuSE distro...

Later.
  • In some boring, ordinary world I guess it would be considered vanity to advertise your CPU power. Want some Apple stickers?