Funny Saturday Night Live Skits

2»

Comments

• edited 01/30/2015 @ 5:14:08 AM
    genoski said:

He's been more and more cautious on the track since the new wife started squirting out kids. I swear this is why he's never balls to the wall on restarts, or if he's not in the front 3, he's cooling his heels at the back of the pack until three quarters thru a race which is when he'll make the move to the front. Much safer for the accidents to happen way in front of you so you can slow down and meander thru the wrecks.

Sounds plausible... when I was watching I did seem to notice that a lot of the "hot head" drivers who seemed to be more reckless and take more chances were either young, childless, and/or wifeless. Guys like Tony Stewart, Brad Keselowski, Joey Logano, Kurt Busch, etc.
    IwDDeCo.jpg
  • Wow, I didn't realize the new NASCAR season was starting already. They just had Dale Jr. interviewed on Pardon the Interruption yesterday and they mentioned it.

What are your thoughts on NASCAR moving from Fox to NBC?
    IwDDeCo.jpg
  • As long as the announcers go with it, fine.. otherwise it's going to suck.. because the one or two times NBC did it in the past sucked. NBC guys just gab away without even watching the race, they had two prattling on like they were following a script when a muliticar accident happened in the race and the one guy kept talking to the other like they did not even see the accident happen, then they broke for a commercial and I was like WTF????
  • BTW, it's not moving from Fox. Fox always did the first 16 or 17 races. NBC did Daytona and one or two others. The rest of the back half was on ESPN and something else TNT? Not sure. Fox is still doing the first 16 races
  • genoski said:

BTW, it's not moving from Fox. Fox always did the first 16 or 17 races. NBC did Daytona and one or two others. The rest of the back half was on ESPN and something else TNT? Not sure. Fox is still doing the first 16 races

Oh okay. The way they've been promoting it fairly heavily (I heard rumblings of it last year I think and speculation on what changes Comcast/XFINITY [which owns NBC, or vice versa, I forget] might make to the coverage; and then there was a Super Bowl commercial for it, as well as a commercial that played on Spotify) I thought the whole thing was moving to NBC 100%.

Yeah the other one was TNT. The funny thing is on TNT they had a lot of the same guys who were on Fox (though I think the "shared" ones were all racers). Overall though I felt Fox was the superior "host" all around by far.
    genoski said:

As long as the announcers go with it, fine.. otherwise it's going to suck

Would you rather have...

A) Great announcers
    or
    B) Races that on average lasted about 2 hours or so?

lookdown.gif
    IwDDeCo.jpg
  • Cngevpxhaqrefpber said:

Would you rather have...

A) Great announcers
    or
    B) Races that on average lasted about 2 hours or so?

Gee, I'll have to go with Am since mostly all the races are over 2 hours long

Speaking of Comcast/Infiniity.. eh, new post
  • genoski said:

Gee, I'll have to go with Am since mostly all the races are over 2 hours long

That's the problem. yuck.gif
    IwDDeCo.jpg

That's the problem.

No way.. the faster and longer the better.. and more crashes would be cool
  • More crashes would be cool but I just can't bear watching 3-3.5 hours worth of cars driving around in a circle... especially when about 10 times per race, all of the leads everyone got all vanish due to cautions and restarts anyway.

2 hour races though? I would be WAY more inclined to watch then, and watch them all the way through at that. I remember feeling that way I think during the All Star race last year it was? It was nice watching it knowing that the end wasn't such a ridiculously long time away.

I'll be watching the Daytona 500 though. Some of it, at least. lookdown.gif
    IwDDeCo.jpg

2 hour races though? I would be WAY more inclined to watch then

Well, watch the start and maybe and hour of it, go fart around doing something else, then come back for the last half hour...

Often I nod off after 90 mins or so then wake up in time for the finish

Jeff Gordon to step away from full-time NASCAR racing after 2015 season

Probably a good idea.. 2 for 2 DNF so far the season... going to have to rename him Crash Gordon
  • edited 03/02/2015 @ 3:55:59 AM
    genoski said:

Probably a good idea.. 2 for 2 DNF so far the season... going to have to rename him Crash Gordon

giggle.gif

And what's with NASCAR not safer barriering the entire inner wall?! It's 2015, why haven't they done this yet? I remember thinking the same thing last year after Denny Hamlin had that nasty head-on wreck into the inner wall that either messed up his back or broke his leg (I forget which). I think Gordon was holding back about it in the interview but when they showed the replay of him talking to the responders it looked like he was pissed, I hope he (and the other drivers) gets on the NASCAR execs asses about it. lookdown.gif
    IwDDeCo.jpg
  • Found this interesting tidbit:

"At a cost of approximately $500 a square foot, a mile of SAFER barrier would cost approximately $2.6 million. Many of the walls of the 2.5-mile Daytona track are already covered in SAFER. There aren't more than four miles of wall left to cover."

(From here: https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nascar-from-the-marbles/will-kyle-busch-s-crash-hasten-the-expansion-of-safer-walls-at-nascar-tracks-004131850.html)
    IwDDeCo.jpg

"At a cost of approximately $500 a square foot,

Ya answered yer own question.. and that would have been my reply.. cost/ expense/ no one hits the inner walls... much
  • Yeah but it's NASCAR, it's not like it's some local indie company or something. Their TV deals alone are bringing in $8.2 billion over the next 8-10 years, not to mention God knows how much they make from sponsors, merchandise, etc.
    IwDDeCo.jpg

Yeah but it's NASCAR, it's not like it's some local indie company or something.

Well, it aint Nascar that would foot the bill to install Safer Barriers... it would be the track owner, in the case of Atlanta Motor Speedway that Bruton Smith, the head of (owner of) Speedway Motorsports Inc. Owns Atlanta and 7 other speedways. Think of the expense he'd face if all 8 tracks need safer barriers on every inch of wall. Bruton has been at odds with Bill France and Nascar for years
  • edited 03/05/2015 @ 5:43:26 PM
    genoski said:

Well, it aint Nascar that would foot the bill

Why couldn't it be? They may not be NASCAR's tracks but they are NASCAR's drivers.
    IwDDeCo.jpg

Why couldn't it be? They may not be NASCAR's tracks but they are NASCAR's drivers.

They're not Nascar drivers, they're race drivers under the employ of team owners who race in the Nascar and sometimes other series. Nascar is just a governing body, they don't really own or even pay for anything, They make the rules and collect money. Each track is responsible for making the track such that it satisfies all the current Nascar requirements.
  • edited 03/17/2015 @ 9:45:37 PM
    genoski said:

They're not Nascar drivers, they're race drivers under the employ of team owners who race in the Nascar and sometimes other series. Nascar is just a governing body, they don't really own or even pay for anything, They make the rules and collect money. Each track is responsible for making the track such that it satisfies all the current Nascar requirements.

Ahh. Interesting. smile.gif

Still... if/when someone gets seriously hurt (e.g., more than just a broken leg) due to a lack of a SAFER barrier in a certain area, and hopefully that never happens... you, and they, know that the blame is all going to come down on NASCAR.

Also I think NASCAR *was* the one that paid to add the existing SAFER barriers though, if I'm remembering that article correctly.
    IwDDeCo.jpg
  • NASCAR chat. yuck.gif
    Spit on your hand and stroke my cock at a medium pace.

Anyone aware of SNL's ban list?

LOL. Steven Seagal banned for being horrible. sun.gif
    Spit on your hand and stroke my cock at a medium pace.
  • Darnit, Key & Peele is ending, there are only like 1 or 2 more episodes left. sad.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMrNQbW5Am8
    IwDDeCo.jpg