system blitzo!!

Well, truth be told, I don't think I really own a pc for the intended purpose, my pc experience always seems to center more on tinkering with it till it breaks, and then figuring out how to put humpty back together again.

I installed a software midi controller, to replace the microsoft wavetable crapola, mostly so I could use a quality set of soundfonts, Of course windows 7 does not have a way to manually set/change the midi output channel, so I had to change the windows default setting to the new set up, and it all worked fine. till I fired up anvil studio and used it's \control to tie it's output to the new set up as well.

Soon as I did that,the system froze up solid, and after rebooting, the mouse cursor would freeze unusable as soon as windows had fully booted, every time I rebooted.

Trouble shooting a pc problem when you only have keyboard cursor\ control is an exercise in frustration.

Especially when all the system diags tell you that everything is working just fine.

I did have a secondary user account set up, and the cursor worked fine for that user, only the admin account had failed cursor control

So, after exhausting all the easy choices, I opted to use system restore. It failed stating that
i needed to shut down my anti virus protection to restore.

Shutting down zone alarm without a cursor proved near impossible, So,after nearly giving up, I decided to elevate the secondary user to admin status, and then used that account to uninstall zone alarm completely.

I never use zonealarm again, that pOS was for all intents and purposes holding my machine hostage.

So then,withzone alarm dead with a silver stake through it's heart, System restore worked fine an I got my system back.

Cng it appears that win 7 does an autor restore point everytime the system is "auto updated", so I had a vintage restore only 2 daysa old to pick from

Comments