CLUE

edited 12/18/2013 @ 9:55:29 AM in General Discussion
I figured we could try an innovative game of forum CLUE. smile.gif

Here's how it would work:

We have to determine how many players we have. Assuming we have four players (TEO, Geno, Pat, and me), then we would proceed as follows...

We follow the rules of the board game CLUE as closely as possible. (No tokens or die rolling required.)

We each secretly select the same portion of the cards available from each category (room, weapon, and person) in the game. ie: If there are 12 room cards, we each select 4 rooms. What's the catch? It's possible (and probable) that some of us will choose some of the same cards. (Which isn't possible in the real game.) Nobody will know who the killer is at the start of the game.

If the solution cannot be reduced down to a single person, weapon, or room, then it will be assumed that the murder was committed by multiple people, using multiple weapons, and occuring in multiple rooms (which will need to be fully stated for a completely correct answer).

We will each take turns (round robin) asking each other questions and slowly eliminating certain cards from the list of possibilities. The catch? The questions between us will be public, but the answers will be in some sort of code/cipher-text. Therefore, none of the other members will know which card was revealed by one member to another, only whether something was or was not revealed.

Once you make an accusation, it has to be correct or you lose. Of course, we're all running on the honor system here. lookdown.gif
Spit on your hand and stroke my cock at a medium pace.

Comments

• edited 12/18/2013 @ 10:45:33 PM
    You can count me in, but I've never played Clue before so you'll have to teach me. giggle.gif
    IwDDeCo.jpg
  • Cngevpxhaqrefpber said:

You can count me in, but I've never played Clue before so you'll have to teach me. giggle.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cluedo

smile.gif

We'll use the familiar (classic) edition of the game, not the modern remake.

Thus, the six characters are:

- Miss Scarlett
    - Col. Mustard
    - Mr. Green
    - Mrs. Peacock
    - Prof. Plum
    - Mrs. White

The six weapons are:

- Candlestick
    - Lead pipe
    - Revolver
    - Knife
    - Rope
    - Wrench

The nine rooms are:

- Kitchen
    - Ballroom
    - Conservatory
    - Billiard room
    - Library
    - Study
    - Hall
    - Lounge
    - Dining room

"Mr. Boddy" is the murder victim. bigsmile.gif
  • As far as I recall, the rules are:

When you make a suggestion, you direct it towards one of the players. Only that player is obligated to answer by revealing a card, nobody else.

A suggestion is like this: "I suggest it was Mr. Green in the study with the revolver."

(You always name a PERSON, WEAPON, and ROOM whenever you make a suggestion and same goes when you eventually make an accusation.)

The person that you direct the suggestion to has to reveal ONE of those cards to you IF they have one. If they don't have any of those cards, they have to indicate to you that they don't have any of them. So, in the example above, they would have to show you a Mr. Green card, a study card, or a revolver card. They only ever show you ONE card and they can CHOOSE which card they want to show you if they happen to have more than one.

Upon seeing the card, you can scratch it off your list of possibilities. (The cards held by the players CANNOT be the cards involved in the murder.)

Make sense? lookdown.gif
  • I think so, yes. smile.gif For the record here are the official instructions for the 1986 version, which I assume is the classic edition: http://www.hasbro.com/common/instruct/clueins.pdf‎

Here's one in non-PDF format, for the 1996 version: http://www.cluedofan.com/origrule.htm
    IwDDeCo.jpg
  • I think that will do. smile.gif

Note that we don't have to concern ourselves with the movement of tokens on the board. (I always thought that was a waste of time and served no purpose.)

• edited 01/05/2014 @ 8:16:29 PM
  • genoski said:

Get a clue

ROFL! Can you believe the original game is called "Clue-Do"? WTH? halo.gif
  • edited 01/07/2014 @ 4:33:15 PM
    TechGuy said:

ROFL! Can you believe the original game is called "Clue-Do"? WTH? halo.gif

I thought that was weird too. According to Wikipedia, the name is "a play on 'clue' and 'Ludo'; ludo is Latin for I play".

I think Parker Brothers was very smart to change the name to just Clue. lookdown.gif
    IwDDeCo.jpg
  • Loved the game when I was a kid.. later we tried the VCR version but never found it that compelling, maybe it took some of the imagination away.