Root beer.

I don't drink soda all that often... usually only at family gatherings and such. But, I'm a big fan of root beer, and lately I've had the desire to try a lot of the different root beers out there for fun (and have been thinking about making my own, too).

So the other day I bought a pack of Boylan's, which is sweetened with cane sugar. On the box they say they try to make it taste "authentic" and "traditional" instead of "super-creamy" like the stuff "now being bottled". It was good, and unique. Not my favorite, but good.

Today I bought a pack of Appalachian root beer, and also a pack of Hank's. I'm drinking the Appalachian bottle right now. Not a huge fan of the taste. It's sweetened with honey, and in this RB at least it tastes kinda weird (to me at least). I don't think I'd buy it again.

Anyone recommend some good root beers to try out? I've heard that Henry Weinhard's, Bulldog, and Boylan's All Natural (apparently the "All Natural" stuff is way way better than the regular Boylan's I tried) are all really good, but AFAIK they're not sold around here, so I'll probably have to order them online.

Comments