Mega zit

edited 01/09/2011 @ 3:32:34 PM in General Discussion
Ok, the squeamish might want to go on to another thread from here, because we're going to be discussing bodily fluids.

I just experienced a pimple like no other I've ever had.

It started as a lump that really didn't look like a pimple, on the apex of my left (facial) cheek, just under the temple. it didn't hurt at first, it was just a lump I felt while taking my glasses off, but when it didn't "crown" in a short amount of time (as most zits do) I became curious.

It resisted popping in the normal fashion, but I started to feel a firmer, more concentrated bump under the skin, and then the area around the lump turned into a red, mushy, swollen area about the size of a large mosquito bite, with the very center being a hard bb like lump inside, and it became painful to touch.

So, I sterilized a sewing needle and lanced it. At first there was a little blood, and some minor pain, and then allasudden there was a sharp "pop" and out of the mush came a white glob that was the same size and consistency as a grain of cooked rice. I've never had the filling inside a single zit be this much before, nor be this consolidated. I'm wondering how long this was building up in there? Anybody else have these?

Comments