Old "ABE" let me down

edited 04/24/2013 @ 11:16:50 AM in General Discussion
I guess the time of dependability is over. I used to drive my Lincoln anywhere, any distance without fear. It's properly maintained.. oiled, lubricated etc.. even has relatively low miles for a 21 year old car.. 90,450ish.

Met my brother for lunch yesterday then after he went shopping and I was off to a friends house who's having a garage sale this weekend. I was bringing a few items over for him to sell at the event. Driving up an overpass that spans the beltline (about 8 train tracks side by each) all of a sudden I felt the front end doing the Watusi. Shack shinny holy shit, I come to a stop at the very top. Put on the flasher.. two lanes in each direction and I'm blocking the right lane eastbound.. major traffic and everyone has to merge to get around mu car. I check the ties and everything looks fine so I get back in and drive real slow down the overpass to a Kmart a block away and pull in the lot.

I get out again and now it's starting to drizzle. I get on the ground and look under the front of the car and behold.. the left tie rod is laying on the ground instead of being connected to the center link. Dayum.

$65 tow
$75 tie rod ( must be made of gold cuz I seen em online for $25)
$80 labor

$220 total and a lack of peace of mind. Bill at Autorite claims the whole front end is shot, upper / lower ball joints, a arms etc.. over $1000 to replace it all... told him to go F himself, rat bastard crook..

Comments