Where's iggy and Geno?!

Seriously, it's been like 3 weeks for Geno and even longer for iggy I think.
IwDDeCo.jpg

Comments

• Theory: Geno ended up buying a salt gun like he suggested he might, shot his eye out kid in the process of attempting to blast away one of those bees, and is recovering in the hospital; and iggy forgot he was back in the USA, used his hand instead of TP, didn't wash it with antibacterial soap afterwards, and is also recovering in the hospital? bigsmile.gif
    IwDDeCo.jpg
  • They seemed to disappear as soon as AG returned.

giggle.gif
    Spit on your hand and stroke my cock at a medium pace.
  • edited 05/28/2013 @ 11:15:36 AM
    So what are you saying? wink.gif

It is pretty ironic and funny in a way that when he finally returns, it's when both are on an abnormally long break... and he leaves again before they come back.
    IwDDeCo.jpg
  • I'm saying that both of them disappeared when AG came back. tongue.gif

Now AG seems to be gone too. Maybe he pulled them off to another forum. Who knows. giggle.gif
  • TechGuy said:

I'm saying that both of them disappeared when AG came back. tongue.gif

Oh, okay. halo.gifbigsmile.gif
    TechGuy said:

Now AG seems to be gone too.

Yeah, you saw the post where he basically said he was leaving again right?
    IwDDeCo.jpg
  • TechGuy said:

Maybe he pulled them off to another forum. Who knows. giggle.gif

I actually did see iggy under the "Who's Online" list a week or two ago. Hmm. lookdown.gif

You know what I haven't done in a while? One of these:

smile.gifwink.giftongue.giflookdown.gifgiggle.gifgasp.gifangry.gifsun.gifbigsmile.gifsad.gifdevil.gifhalo.gifkiss.gifyuck.gifhurt.gifproud.gifmischief.gif

Actually, I've never done one of those I don't think, but I have done one of these:

smile.gifwink.giftongue.giflookdown.gifgiggle.gifgasp.gifangry.gifsun.gifbigsmile.gifsad.gifdevil.gifhalo.gifkiss.gifyuck.gifhurt.gifproud.gif
    IwDDeCo.jpg
  • Cngevpxhaqrefpber said:

TechGuy said:

I'm saying that both of them disappeared when AG came back. tongue.gif

Oh, okay. halo.gifbigsmile.gif
    TechGuy said:

Now AG seems to be gone too.

Yeah, you saw the post where he basically said he was leaving again right?
    No I didn't.
  • edited 06/01/2013 @ 8:52:07 AM
    It's at the end of your "pissed" thread.

I was wondering why you didn't react to it. giggle.gif I did think maybe you didn't see it, but you posted in the thread afterwards, and the post itself wasn't short or easy to miss, so I figured that was pretty unlikely to be the case (until you made that comment at least).
    IwDDeCo.jpg
  • Well, I thought I'd say hello since AG has gone away again. I think we've all established with whom we get along. Anyway, my wife just received a gift of a 2005 Prius with 234K miles because we've been feeding Valerie's dogs when she goes on vacation or climbs some mountain. So she's repaid our neighborishness by just giving us her old car. She bought a Subaru Crosstrek and wouldn't get very much in trade. We told her we'd give her what they offered in trade. We took it in for a smog check and he couldn't do it. Apparently there's no way to keep the motor running or get it to idle below 1000rpm. So he said tell DMV to call if they have questions. They didn't have any questions. It does need a quart of oil every 500 miles or so. I'm a member of Priuschat forums and will be reading a lot about Atkinson cycle engine, VVT, offset crankshaft, 3 cycle AC motors, and lots of that kind of tech. This car gets around 46 MPG overall. If I can learn enough to keep it maintained, we'll use it. It's really quiet when you get in hit the start button and put it in gear. The engine starts eventually if the battery needs a charge. Weird stuff!
    That's the latest from this side of the Mississippi. I'll stay around and read the threads. It's been a while. I've been weed whacking the Yellow Star Thistle every day for a week or so. It gets hot by 10AM. The dog likes the longer walks. But, I don't like the longer time in the Sun. Back when I have more to say.
  • edited 06/17/2013 @ 11:33:30 AM
    Hey, there you are. smile.gif
    iggy8n said:

Anyway, my wife just received a gift of a 2005 Prius with 234K miles because we've been feeding Valerie's dogs when she goes on vacation or climbs some mountain. So she's repaid our neighborishness by just giving us her old car. She bought a Subaru Crosstrek and wouldn't get very much in trade. We told her we'd give her what they offered in trade. We took it in for a smog check and he couldn't do it. Apparently there's no way to keep the motor running or get it to idle below 1000rpm. So he said tell DMV to call if they have questions. They didn't have any questions. It does need a quart of oil every 500 miles or so. I'm a member of Priuschat forums and will be reading a lot about Atkinson cycle engine, VVT, offset crankshaft, 3 cycle AC motors, and lots of that kind of tech. This car gets around 46 MPG overall. If I can learn enough to keep it maintained, we'll use it. It's really quiet when you get in hit the start button and put it in gear. The engine starts eventually if the battery needs a charge. Weird stuff!
    That's the latest from this side of the Mississippi. I'll stay around and read the threads. It's been a while. I've been weed whacking the Yellow Star Thistle every day for a week or so. It gets hot by 10AM. The dog likes the longer walks. But, I don't like the longer time in the Sun. Back when I have more to say.

Very cool! (Safer, too. wink.gif) I wonder how long that battery lasts before it needs replacement (if ever)? Also, how's the acceleration?

For the Yellow Star Thistle, I'd be curious to see what kind of effect vinegar had on it. A little bit of isopropyl alcohol might do the trick too. giggle.gif

Not much going on here; right now I'm waiting for this darn torrent of last night's NBA Finals game to finish downloading. (Last night it was a choice between my wrestling PPV and the game. For several reasons I decided on the PPV.) The first 85% or so was fast, since then the speeds have been varying quite a bit.

Summer is (almost) here for sure, however, fortunately while it's still been warmer and more humid than I'd like (as you probably know, my ideal summer temperature is right around 70 with very low humidity) it's not been too too hot... yet. For the most part so far temps have been averaging closer to the low 80s. It's still early in the season yet though. lookdown.gif
    IwDDeCo.jpg
  • My older son Nikolai has returned home. He didn't like having to commute for an hour each way along with waiting for Mimi (who got him the job) to finish her work each day before commuting home. He is still recovering from Mono (IMHO). He was always so carefree. But now he is so quick to anger and argument. He is also in love and he wants to live with his girlfriend. It won't be easy transitioning from school life to working every day and paying the rent, DSL, smartphone, garbage pickup, water, electricity, etc. Life can be a bitch if you've gotten used to playing video games whenever you have a free moment.
    We have an old 37' x 8' metal trailer that we had moved out here from Rumley Mine. We disassembled a metal shed from out there and rebuilt it here. It now houses all the old Christmas ornaments, art projects, car seats, old lumber, etc. I don't know if I'm using it that efficiently. Anyway, we bought 20 boxes of laminate flooring from Costco to fix the rat-pooped tile flooring in the metal trailer.
    It really was a mess and I don't blame Nikolai for getting depressed at the idea of living in that trailer. So, we'll re-floor it, repaint it, maybe put a deck around it, and make it into something he can use for the times he has his girlfriend over for a visit. The next step will be to find some work out here or get him into graduate school. He was pretty happy just going to school and writing papers about various sociological topics. Joining the work force and paying the bills wasn't such a joyful transition.
    So, these are the current problems I'm dealing with. Oh yeah, yesterday after we loaded up the 91 Corolla Alltrac station wagon with the 800 lbs of laminate flooring, the car overheated and we were up the road without a paddle. We don't have a cellphone. While we were sitting there trying to figure what to do, a guy stopped and offered to help. His cellphone didn't get one bar. He was visiting Yosemite from LA with a troop of girl scouts. Apparently his Suburban 4 wheel drive transmission died in the park and he had it towed to Amco. He then rented a car and was returning to the troop who were on their own agenda of climbing to the various waterfalls and seeing the sites. So, he drove us home and I bought a serpentine belt at NAPA on the way back to the Alltrac. I replaced the belt in 5 minutes and we were home in about a half hour. The guy who stopped to help us was very nice and told us some good stories about life in Minnesota - where he was from. He decided to pass it forward since his transmission put him in a similar predicament yesterday.
    So, it was a pleasant day.smile.gif
  • iggy8n said:

My older son Nikolai has returned home. He didn't like having to commute for an hour each way along with waiting for Mimi (who got him the job) to finish her work each day before commuting home. He is still recovering from Mono (IMHO). He was always so carefree. But now he is so quick to anger and argument. He is also in love and he wants to live with his girlfriend. It won't be easy transitioning from school life to working every day and paying the rent, DSL, smartphone, garbage pickup, water, electricity, etc. Life can be a bitch if you've gotten used to playing video games whenever you have a free moment.
    We have an old 37' x 8' metal trailer that we had moved out here from Rumley Mine. We disassembled a metal shed from out there and rebuilt it here. It now houses all the old Christmas ornaments, art projects, car seats, old lumber, etc. I don't know if I'm using it that efficiently. Anyway, we bought 20 boxes of laminate flooring from Costco to fix the rat-pooped tile flooring in the metal trailer.
    It really was a mess and I don't blame Nikolai for getting depressed at the idea of living in that trailer. So, we'll re-floor it, repaint it, maybe put a deck around it, and make it into something he can use for the times he has his girlfriend over for a visit. The next step will be to find some work out here or get him into graduate school. He was pretty happy just going to school and writing papers about various sociological topics. Joining the work force and paying the bills wasn't such a joyful transition.
    So, these are the current problems I'm dealing with.

Hmm, so sounds like the stress of working and living on his own is getting to him. Is Mimi is girlfriend's name?

Not a bad deal you've got there for him though, if you ask me. sun.gif
    IwDDeCo.jpg
  • iggy8n said:

He was visiting Yosemite from LA with a troop of girl scouts. Apparently his Suburban 4 wheel drive transmission died in the park and he had it towed to Amco.

Uh oh, that doesn't sound too kosher. At least it was a Suburban and not a white van though I guess. wink.gif
    iggy8n said:

Oh yeah, yesterday after we loaded up the 91 Corolla Alltrac station wagon with the 800 lbs of laminate flooring, the car overheated and we were up the road without a paddle.

Interesting, you'd think it'd be able to handle that. Maybe it was the way the weight was distributed?
    iggy8n said:

So, we'll re-floor it, repaint it, maybe put a deck around it, and make it into something he can use for the times he has his girlfriend over for a visit.

iggy8n said:

It now houses all the old Christmas ornaments

It'll be Christmas Every Day (one of my favorite Christmas movies as a kid) for Nikolai, I'm sure he'll love it!

qhXbgCY.jpg

Also... you, iggy, celebrate CHRISTMAS?! giggle.gif
    IwDDeCo.jpg
  • Well, we bring in the lemon tree that's in a very large pot for the Winter freezes. We put some Christmas ornaments on it. We don't exchange gifts anymore because we just buy the stuff when we find out it's needed. We certainly don't go to church or the Kiwanis for dinner. So, I'm not sure if we celebrate it or not. Same goes for New Years.

Mimi is the oldest of three sisters with whom Nikolai lived while attending College.

Emmy is Nikolai's girlfriend. She lives relatively close to us. This was a major reason for Nik quitting that job.
    I hope he doesn't just take it too easy and not take the next steps. Graduate school would work. But, you havta get into the school, get the grants, etc.

Emmy will still need a year to finish Community College. She then has plans to study film making at a 4 year school - like San Fran State. It will be hard for them to live in an apartment, work, and attend college full time - to get the grants.

They might have to stay in dorms or have room-mates for the next few years. It's really tough to make real plans without money.

The serpentine belt on the Alltrac was pretty old and beat-up. It wasn't the load because we made it home without any overheating once the belt was replaced. Check your belts every few years.

The Prius battery was warrantied for 150K miles and it needed replacement at 149K. The new one has about 100K miles on it. So, I'm hoping it will stay together for a few years. Apparently one doesn't have to replace the whole battery when it fails. Usually a few cells out of the 28 total stop holding a charge. That's what the replenishers do for the $1000. I think I can find the cells for $10 each and just do it myself. We'll come to that bridge in a while. It accelerates fine. It's better than either the 91 Alltrac or the 94 Geo Prizm. They both have a 1.6L 4 cylinder motor and both get around 30 MPG. They both are stick and the Prizm has a bit more zip off the line. But none of these cars have good 0-60 times. They are built for gas mileage.

We've tried vinegar, salt water, and commercial things like Weed-B-Gone. The only thing that stops it is pulling it out by the roots. If any part remains in the ground, it's back next year. It's well known around here and is a constant source of conversation. Round-up will work but it messes up the rest of the forest and the fish in the river. It's really toxic stuff. Monsanto isn't our best friend and they say it just disappears in a few days. The trout in the Merced River don't agree. The agro business is after money - like most private corporations. The side affects just are part of the cost of doing business.
  • iggy8n said:

The serpentine belt on the Alltrac was pretty old and beat-up. It wasn't the load because we made it home without any overheating once the belt was replaced. Check your belts every few years.

Ahh, right, didn't put two and two together. smile.gif
    iggy8n said:

The Prius battery was warrantied for 150K miles and it needed replacement at 149K.

Ha. giggle.gif
    iggy8n said:

Round-up will work but it messes up the rest of the forest and the fish in the river. It's really toxic stuff.

Tell me about it, as I've said before, it bothers me so much to see people using it around their houses and yards like it's nothing. Just for freaking weeds. yuck.gif

Bothers me even more to see local towns driving up and down all the streets and spraying Round-Up/something similar where the curb meets the road, with the operators wearing their respirators or whatever (and spending all that money on it too). yuck.gif
    IwDDeCo.jpg
  • Yeah, Monsanto is really about helping the agro business. They do make their stock holders happy - so I guess they're doing what they've set out to do.
    Cargill is another helper of the common farmer. The genetically modified corn has affected lots of farmers in a very financially beneficial way to whom?
    1.Monsanto - because the corn doesn't die from Round-up
    2. Cargill - because the seeds produced by their corn will not spawn another plant, so you have to buy more seeds every year.
    They've developed kind of a monopoly if you ask me. Corporations who develop a monopoly don't have to worry about competition - the point of having a free market economy.
  • TechGuy said:

They seemed to disappear as soon as AG returned.

Ag returned??? Were that the case I'd be here every day.
  • I'm old.. truth be told I completely forgot about this place...
  • Ha ha at all of those "most recent by genoski"s. bigsmile.gif

He lives! wink.gif Welcome back.
    IwDDeCo.jpg
  • genoski said:

Ag returned??? Were that the case I'd be here every day.

Yeah but he got upset and left after only like a week or two.

Oh well, that's what you get for forgetting about us. tongue.gif
    IwDDeCo.jpg
  • Just figured I'd read the tail end of this thread to catch up. smile.gif

Note that my original statement (seen in one of the posts above) was that Iggy and Geno seemed to disappear from the forum when AG (hereafter referred to as TEO) returned.

My original hypothesis (which I didn't actually state) was that TEO came back, re-established contact with Geno and Iggy, suggested a new forum for the three of them to join, and then all three users departed to join the new forum.

Obviously my original unstated hypothesis later proved to be incorrect as Iggy stated the following:

"Well, I thought I'd say hello since AG has gone away again. I think we've all established with whom we get along."

and Geno stated this:

"Ag returned??? Were that the case I'd be here every day."

Therefore, Sherlock Techguy has concluded that Iggy has chosen to leave this site whenever TEO is present. smile.gif
  • TechGuy said:

Therefore, Sherlock Techguy has concluded that Iggy has chosen to leave this site whenever TEO is present. smile.gif

And in that vein I ask you, which behavior do you see as more intolerant? (A) Being willing to embrace (with zeal) the differences you might have with some one else, exploring even the topics you are most stridently opposed on....or...(B) being totally unwilling to even speak to a person you might have differences with? giggle.gif
    fX7ExU4.png
  • edited 12/25/2013 @ 7:36:43 PM
    TheEnlightenedWon said:

TechGuy said:

And in that vein I ask you, which behavior do you see as more intolerant? (A) Being willing to embrace (with zeal) the differences you might have with some one else, exploring even the topics you are most stridently opposed on....or...(B) being totally unwilling to even speak to a person you might have differences with? giggle.gif
    It's very unique behaviour for an individual to leave a forum because of opposition to one member. Typically, that opposition would inspire the person to post more often (so that they could counter any arguments being made by the member they oppose and get their voice heard). Or less commonly, a person would leave a forum in protest only if most or all members took a negative stance against them.

I would think it would be easy enough to remain on a forum and simply not view threads created by the offending person. (If the desire to debate is no longer there or things degenerate into name-calling.)

A bigger question might be: How would Iggy know you are here? Is he scanning the forums? If so, then he must be reading some of your posts. If not, then he wouldn't know if you left. gasp.gif

Maybe we could conduct an experiment. You could start posting under a new name and see if Iggy comes back. Then try to engage him in intelligent debate and see if he sticks around. Then both of you would be here. halo.gif

(That's a long way of saying I have no answer for your question. LOL. It comes down to: Would you rather argue with someone you disagree with or not talk to someone that you disagree with? It would be nice to bring everyone together though.)

\devil.gif-lookdown.gif-devil.gif/
  • People who are not very sure of themselves tend to get bent reading the works of those who are.
    fX7ExU4.png
  • edited 12/26/2013 @ 9:00:51 PM
    TheEnlightenedWon said:

People who are not very sure of themselves tend to get bent reading the works of those who are.

I haven't read any real "juicy" debates between the two of you. Did things get ugly?

You seem to have the same effect on Iggy that I do with JaySaul. (To which my attitude is: "screw JS if he doesn't want to be part of the forum because of my presence".) smile.gif
  • I Moved... then was unpacking.. got some free time now.
  • Well, it's good to have ya back. sun.gif (I will say though that you are one slow-ass unpacker. wink.gif)
    IwDDeCo.jpg
  • Cngevpxhaqrefpber said:

Well, it's good to have ya back. sun.gif (I will say though that you are one slow-ass unpacker. wink.gif)

The dude has to unpack an entire 1000 acres worth of stuff. Gotta cut the guy some slack. halo.gif
  • There was only 5 acres and most of it was flora... I have tons of boxes still unpacked. Fact is when I moved there were at least 20 boxes from my 2000 moved into the old house. They were stored in the Sunroom which after the roof leak became the rainroom and ultimately got wet and destroyed. Lost all my paperback books, complete collections of various magazines, many old computers and software... a real tragedy.
  • Holy CRAP, 2000 boxes?! gasp.gif
    genoski said:

They were stored in the Sunroom which after the roof leak became the rainroom and ultimately got wet and destroyed. Lost all my paperback books, complete collections of various magazines, many old computers and software... a real tragedy.

Damn, that sucks. :-/
    IwDDeCo.jpg