Sarah Palin incites terrorism?

edited 01/08/2011 @ 1:25:59 PM in General Discussion
By now I'm sure that the well informed among you have heard about Arizona congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords, being shot in the head on Saturday at a public event held at a grocery store in Tucson (I guess that Jay is not the only liberal in Tuscon Today having metal floating around in his head?)

What many of you might not realize is that Sarah Palin called for action against Giffords and 19 others to have supported Obamacare, by charting a map of the united states with a gun cross hairs superimposed over each of the named 20's home states, calling for their actions to be "terminated"

Palin's use of the words "reload", "aim" and "fire" conjures up violence in what is already being called a "hit list" post on Facebook.

http://www.examiner.com/social-media-in-national/sarah-palin-posts-political-hit-list-on-facebook-taking-a-stand-or-suggesting-violence

When, will the homeland security goons go after her for making terrorist threats?

Comments

• Jez, let the Techimposter fade off into the techset.

I'm am a master marksman and a trained killer, I can break down and clean 45, M-14s, M-16s, M79 Grenade Launchers and M-60 machine guns. None of that protects me from a nut with a gun. Nuts with guns fire first and as close as they can get. I used to live about three blocks from the massacre, now I live about 20 minutes away. I have only seen it on TV and the web. The hospital Giffords is in is just down the street. Like I said, I have only seen it on the Tube, but there is something about the horror being physically near you that gives you that feeling your part of the world is getting too close to the edge.
  • Any thoughts on motive?
  • edited 01/09/2011 @ 9:52:21 AM
  • edited 01/09/2011 @ 4:05:14 PM
  • So, it's time for a liberal to agree with Cyclo. I know my view is so twisted that nothing I say has any validity.

But, if you can't just go and get a gun at Big Five, you'd have to deal with some sleazeball criminal who might turn it at you while you're trying to
    decide which one will shoot straight.

We make it very easy to buy them and have sales on bullets - like two-for-one sales at the Supermarket. It's not another salami you're buying.

I've never needed one. I hope it won't ever happen.

I guess I could just drive the 'safer' SUV or Sherman tank to make sure I make it home.
    I'm willing not to have a gun around so that nobody has the opportunity to do something stupid.
  • We live in a polarizing culture. You do not have to hear voices to hear voices, you just have to turn on the radio, TV, or the web.

Doc, you must realize the "anti-government, lets all own guns and we will all be safe" screeds you are drawn to and relay to the rest of us are the kind of polemics that push mentally damaged people to take action. And in this culture, especially ours in the West, it is "normal" to worship guns the way most men worship cars. The ONLY reason to have a gun is to shoot someone--if you want target practice, go virtual.

The 2nd Amendment was written to ensure the populace had the ability to counter the military, if the military tried to take over. It was written before bullets, before automatic weapons, before airplanes and before one bomb could kill millions of people. One can and many have read that Amendment and believe it says we should all be able to have any weapon the military has.

Just before this happened, our state legislature was considering letting people carry Concealed weapons without a license.

40 years ago we used to put mentally disturbed people in institutions, but that was expensive, so now we put them out on the street. This guy had demonstrated his anti-social behavior many times and had no problem buying a very deadly hand gun with clips that hold 31 rounds each. When the Constitution was written he would have had one much less dangerous shot.
  • edited 01/10/2011 @ 8:45:08 AM
    The NRA is only there to lobby for the right to bear arms - isn't that what they say? I guess they are also there to provide the guns and ammo legally to all that want
    to wage war. The more wars, the better, I guess. More gun-toting people will shoot each other. So, the gene pool will clean itself, given enough time.

So, there's always collateral damage. There's even an adjective defining the accidental murder of innocent people. Yep, we Americans are sure free to do whatever we want.

I wonder if the recruiters are still making their quotas to replace the ones that die in the wars. "You get the GI bill and even a signing bonus."
  • edited 01/10/2011 @ 3:45:36 PM
  • Statistics and legislation about how to keep a mentally deranged person from obtaining a gun doesn't sound like it would convince him.
    Whether Vermont and Arizona has a lower murder rate doesn't make the ease of getting a gun the reason. It doesn't address the problem we have in America.
    We've got a Bonnie and Clyde mentality that other countries don't. If you have a problem with a neighbor, drive over and show him your shotgun. That'll send him the message.

We have competition in sports, climbing the ladder at work, getting the higher grades in school - are you getting the picture?
    We include guns in most of our TV shows as a matter of fact - nothing unusual here. Why not? It is unusual in most other countries.
    We have many more guns than the normal country in the World - and we are proud of it. This IMHO is not normal social behavior.
    It has become normal social behavior here - over the years since the Constitution was written.
    We have always been a wild country where anarchy prevailed - Tombstone and the wild west.
    We have a lot of dead Kennedys, Lincoln, Martin Luther - all shot by guns.
    We now bear the fruits of that behavior.
  • edited 01/10/2011 @ 5:34:51 PM
  • edited 01/10/2011 @ 6:16:17 PM