Liberals = disaffected conservatives?

Comments

• Hold on just one second bub. When did I attack anyone personally?

I've made one comment to AG in response to his obvious attempts here and on the previous CPU site to get my goat. I thought it was best for us both to leave each other alone if it's obvious we can't interact constructively. In other words, if interaction between us is only going to drag the conversation down why bother?

If you were joking, I apologize.
  • edited 12/17/2010 @ 4:41:19 PM
  • Self-ownership? Hey, Jay, yeah, I'm talking to me/you, where's the deed? No, I gave it to you/me! What? You saw Mom us it to wipe my/your ass?

The likelihood of anyone understanding what someone else writes--the communication of meaning via type--is inversely proportional to the seriousness of the writer.
  • edited 12/18/2010 @ 10:44:09 AM
  • edited 12/18/2010 @ 11:36:28 AM
    I've only been on a few tractor forums and a few computer ones. I don't see myself having a snit if anyone does one thing or another.
    I think each situation gets a response. I've responded in many ways. I don't think I apply any formula.

I guess I'll just stay out of the discussion until I have something really important to say. I see the taxation without representation
    discussion coming round the mountain.

Cng, I'd bone up with a World History book. Government by some of the people (not a king) was originated in Greece and Rome as they were trying to work out how
    to make laws and keep things a bit more civil. Then came the Dark Ages and feudalism. Finally, around 1200 AD, the Magna Carta was signed to limit the all-mighty power of the King.
    The French Revolution had a lot of riots, be-headings and eventually, a few documents about the rights of man - not women, mind you. Slavery was still happening, too.

It's all in any World History textbook. It kinda shows how government came into being and why it stays in power all around the world today.
  • edited 12/19/2010 @ 9:04:46 PM
    Lets put an end to end putting where every ending faces the decision to continue or end; end or continue. Ours is not to reason (obviously) why, ours is but to do the do. Carry on or let the rock roll back down the hill.

A non-violent anarchist is like a Peter Pan asking everyone to believe in Tinker Bell. The time for mythic stories to explain existence is ending. I believe we are in for periods of nuclear violence in that process. Intelligence-cognition engineering is in a race dominated by transparent and ubiquitous information sharing that will lead to collective(s) awareness.

We're gonna build big brains that remember everything and can have multiple trains of thought and carry on multiple, simultaneous conversations. One will be able to be deep in meditations--carrying on a passionate love affair--designing applications that will find other multi-brained awareness--explore the other mysteries of life and time, all at the same time and all with the resources of all known information.

• OK Knuckle,
    You have my permission to go on. Let's never end any conversation until you alone are satisfied.

I guess the broken record didn't have any affect on you.

I try to listen to what our fellow members point out.
  • edited 12/21/2010 @ 12:04:20 PM
  • If you just read one or two words from each post the thread makes more sense. Especially if ended with "shitting yourself".
  • I am liberally conservative and I have no equal.
  • I'm OK, your OK. We are all here to talk about stuff. That's OK, too. I just would like some way to get some noobies out here like it used
    to be with the magazine advertising what we could do to help others. The General Discussion part is OK, too.

I don't think there's anything wrong as it is. I would still like to improve this forum.
  • The forum is the people. I don't have the time to relate to any more people than I already do. I don't actually have the time to relate to the people I already want to communicate with. Iggy, are you on Facebook? If not, why not? You can have all the friends you can manage. If it ain't broke....
  • I've stayed away from facebook because of similar reasons. I don't want to overextend myself.
    I feel that I'd be getting more scam ads and cold calls to buy insurance.
  • So, the dictators in power today were supported by the people? All it takes for a new dictator is for him to gather together (or buy) a large enough army to overthrow the existing government. The people who live there don't have much of a say about it.

If there's a democratic government that was elected by the people, it would get support from the bigger guys like the US or the UN. You might consider them to be dictators too. But, the election does show what the people want.
  • Iggy, between you and your kids, your data has already been mined.

You want to "fix" this forum with new people but don't want to be on Facebook because you'd overextend yourself? You can block anyone as a friend on Facebook, so how much you are extended (to the rack with him!)
    is all up to you.

Here, if you nuts manage to find TG and C4, er I mean SeaBear, I would either have to leave or put up with their shit on my screen. Facebook is very customizable. Gene loves their games, I just connect with people I have known and also people I find. I even have a real Indian (from India) Communist as a friend and I have never been to India.

Those not busy being born are busy dying.--Bob