Liberals = disaffected conservatives?

Comments

• edited 01/19/2011 @ 1:46:25 PM
  • What's truly funny is Jay trying to represent that I personally am uniquely "that way"

FWIW I frequent a variety of forums, and the one constant seems to be, if I fault the Republicans/right for any number of reasons, I'm chided for being an immigrant kissing homohugging liberal. Alternately , If I fault any of the dem's notorious demagoges (Barack the great, Slick willy, etc ) , then I'm immediately branded a goose stepping right wing zealot

That's what makes my opinion here more important than yours, i've viewed the battle lines from both fronts, and been taken hostage on both.
  • Well. So many replies--daisy cutter! What could you possibly know about my father that I haven't told you. Bring it on, don't let iggy stop you. My father is dead, he don't care. From your objective vantage point maybe you could deduce and help me understand how my relationship with my father ruined the strength and import of my thinking.

But you just made the point I have been making. Everywhere you go, people from the right and especially from the left (whatever left and right mean) think you are wrong, and they are all radical idiots, because you are THE moderate, objective point of view--which, by your logic, makes your opinions more important than mine or anyone else who cannot fathom your brilliant political analysis.

I often agree with you opinions--if I came to one of those before you did, is my opinion more important than yours? Or was I just lucky? Funny thing about opinions, they are never wrong. If your opinions are always more important than those who disagree with you you must be a truly superior being. I wish there was some way you could prove your objective superiority so I would not have to go to all the trouble of forming my own thoughts. Work on that, I could use a break.

"battle lines" more war talk--you like the fight--and, yes, we all do to some extent or we would not participate in them, but you really seem to go anywhere you can have a good "war" of words.

I am now going to have a real war with my 12 string--there will probably be blood spilled! But sometimes she (my guitar) gives in and we make love--fickle women!
  • edited 01/20/2011 @ 2:00:47 PM
  • Voila! I like Bob, just like you--tangled up in bluooooooooooo

You say you never compromise
    With a mystery tramp, but now you realize
    He's not selling any alibis
    As you stare into the vacuum of his eyes
    And say, “Do you want to make a deal?

How does it feel?
  • edited 01/21/2011 @ 1:24:29 PM
  • They are all out to get you, Knuckle. You are the prize that all the liberals want to mount on their wall. I've learned that if I respond, you will find the buttons to push to have an argument about something. I know it's not about the issues, I think it's about boredom. I see that we're not adding hundreds of new members to keep the ideas new.
  • No, that's not what I'm implying. I wrote my reply after I read your "Gee Jay ~" reply. The quoting gets to be like a continuing email - if you start quoting what was quoted in response to a previous quote.

So, I just try to keep the conversation going in order. I have no reason to be vague.

You don't have to go Knuckle. I'm saying that you're just picking fights for the hell of it. Sometimes you care about the issue, too. But, being the moderate that you are, I'm pretty sure anyone could goad you into a fight over any subject on the table.

I am concerned that all we've got left here are the original members from years ago. I liked the old forum because it had new people coming for technical help. The general discussion was also interesting - but, not as the main event, for me. So, I'm voicing this situation and hoping someone might have an idea of how to deal with it.
  • edited 01/26/2011 @ 1:54:29 PM
  • I guess it's a lost cause to do it the way we used to. Marketing does get the word out. But, I guess we don't have a mission statement or any kind of description.
    I'll find some blog that is in place doing the "what to do if this happens" discussion.

I'm not coordinating anything with Jay. We do have similar views in some political hot button issues. I think Jay can take care of himself without the need for
    both of us to apply the liberal response. I just sometimes feel like responding to what is said, whether it's aimed directly at me or not.

Maybe I should just be more quiet.
  • OK, I think that there is a lot of attention on very little to go on. Jay is free to say what he wants using whatever number of words he feels is necessary.
    I'm gonna jump in because it's a free forum and we all know each other. I didn't censure Jay because I didn't think he needed it.
    Maybe each one of us has a different view of what is happening. If you feel he needs censure, go for it.

I'd like to do something like figure out what this forum is doing and put up a banner inviting others. I think it is important to have newbies come and visit.
    We once were Computer Power Users. I was attracted to that name because I hoped to learn what the latest and the greatest CPU, GPU, HDTV, PSU, case, fan, etc.
    We've kinda done that - but, in a more limited way.

We have some talented people. Knuckle finds lots of good pictures to express his views. Genoski has built a bunch of computers for customers and always has something to add.
    Jay makes some nice videos and music. Techguy - there is no substitute. MOG does computer repair. Cyclo does IT work. I'm a retired hardware EE.
    Yamsicle and Cng are college students who bring in the youthful approach. So, we should be able to put together
    a site that would attract the general public that needs computer information - like it did when the magazine was advertising the forum and what it could do.

Is this a bad idea? Is CPU a thing of the past? I liked it when Freddy, kwajake, CBHendricks, and quite a lot more were regulars having all those fan wars and trying
    to figure out what the new problem was and how to go about fixing it.

• The problem is that nobody has any problems. That's why the noobies are necessary.

I bet there's still a lot of old computers in the closet that could be brought back to life and put into the back bedroom.
    Grandma prolly needs her drive de-fragged and have CCleaner run.

What about all those Registry Mechanic free downloads - but fixes for a price. They all have such glossy, colorful, promise pages -
    with DOWNLOAD HERE written in three places.

What's happening with firewalls? Does the Windows 7 one work well enough? Pricy Norton used to slow the computer down. I heard that that's not the case any more.
    I don't like paying for the firewall. AVG is still in the running. But what about Avast, Kaspersky and the rest? Do I go to Anand or Tom's to get the bottom line?

Afterdawn put's out new software that becomes available. But, it requires a lot of research to figure out if the promised software is useful. The title doesn't tell enough.

Who does the research about these questions? Maybe we could put out a newsletter to help get thru these issues.
    I'm getting tired of Dems vs Reps about the news.