So, did we lose Cng?

Comments

• When I say I don't care, I'm not saying what someone ought to be allowed. What I'm saying is that it doesn't affect me and my life as I know it today. There are questions that arise as I read the threads out here. So then I ask questions about that. It might imply some caring. But, it doesn't factually prove anything. It's OK to wonder about something without having a direct interest.
    So, maybe we are discussing to what degree do I care about what gays do. Or, maybe what would I do if I was exposed to a gay baby-sitter making jokes about me. It doesn't always get interpreted as an attempt to alter your manhood - especially when you are young and don't get sarcasm or irony. I can relate to the fear you felt when you heard her talking that stuff. I do feel something about that. I do see how it could have affected your view about what drives gays to become who they are. But, it's only one story and one point of view. I bet she would have another explanation about what she meant and what was happening.
    I'll just say, I'm sorry you had traumatic moments in your life. I don't think you are the only one to whom this has happened. We can all remember events that formed an idea or a way of seeing something. These times during our childhood can affect how we think and what drives us to religion or politics or crime, etc. Does that make me care about a group one way or another? Maybe, I don't know what gets me to form an opinion. I just form one when I do. I wonder if you care how I form my opinions? If this is caring. So be it.
  • edited 05/31/2011 @ 6:32:13 AM
  • You base your opinions on what you were exposed to. I base my opinions on what I was exposed to. We were not exposed to the same people or situations thru-out our lives.
    Because of that, we have a different POV on many subjects. That's what makes this a forum. Otherwise, we would all be members of the same Kiwanis or Moose Lodge and be members
    of the same high school alumni booster club. Isn't it a good thing to have some diversity and varying POVs? I care about some things that affect you. I also don't care about some things that seem to have affected you in a more major way than me. We are not the same person. Vive la Differance!
  • edited 06/02/2011 @ 6:22:13 AM
  • edited 06/02/2011 @ 7:05:00 AM
    Taking these events as being the quintessential real world experience defining gays is somewhat illogical. I can make assumptions based on what I saw or thought. But, it's not right to make assumptions based on what you thought she was thinking or what she meant by all of her words or actions - that's called inference. If she was such a loving "Mom" substitute, she wasn't doing all those things you were worried she'd do. I'm not sure I would base my view of how qualified a person is to rear children because of his sexual preferences. Why does it matter to you who adopts kids? There is quite a shortage of parents who will do it. Would it bother you if two non-gays became roommates and adopted kids? Why does it matter to you, who is the most qualified to have children? I don't agree with your sweeping generalizations about how gays are so twisted from the 'correct' morality. Who gave you such wisdom to be able to judge these things? How do you know that gay is wrong and straight is right?
  • edited 06/02/2011 @ 3:45:39 PM
    There's no problem here from my POV. You keep finding pejorative sentiment where none is intended. I think it would be difficult to hang with you for any amount of time because the arguments just seem to be sitting there waiting to get started.

I'm gonna say it again. I'm sorry you had the trauma of your sitter saying something scary to you. Now, I don't feel that I'm abandoning the 10% of adopted kids who will be exposed to the gay life and principles of their parents. If you feel so strongly that these kids will be subjected to some kind of sexual abuse, you should lodge a complaint and get those gays arrested. I still only see one POV about gays and their agenda about recruiting them to become transexuals. This is a bit weird. But, if you feel that you have the facts to get those gay parents arrested, go for it.

I'm gonna go eat dinner.
  • One of the reasons I am so popular with the geese is, I recognize their social order, and try to understand them on their level, rather than demand that they engage me on mine. Understanding their pecking order, I realize that the less dominant members of the flock are forced to occupy the outermost ring around me at feeding time, as the more dominant birds monopolize the area nearest to me, for favor.

So, I always make sure that I fling a few slices out to the outer perimeter ever so often, looking first for birds with forlorn looks or those showing no signs of bread crumblies on it's mouth, suggesting it has yet to eat.

This in turn puts pressure on the more dominant birds to chum up to me, to regain my attention.

But yes, I do sympathize with the outcasts and the disadvantaged ones among them. If they ever figured out how to get liberals to try and make me feel guilty for not kissing their ass, however, my fascination would be thru.
  • It's OK, I liked the movie "Thor." The popcorn was good. It was quite simplistic a story. The images and effects were very well done.
  • He didn't make any sodomy-being-a-pain-in-the-ass jokes.
  • edited 06/08/2011 @ 6:26:54 AM
  • I think the girls would be attracted to this guy. I suppose it depends on his POV about girls, what else happens.
  • edited 06/13/2011 @ 6:49:49 AM
    so, then.... Bi?
  • probably according to Jay.
  • Let me ask you this:

If a male same sex married partner is referring to his mate (in absentia), would he properly call his mate his "wife" or his "husband"?
  • edited 06/14/2011 @ 9:34:53 AM